The Gift of the Givers Township Marathon is run a flat and easy course, which passes some historic landmarks including Freedom Park and Walter Sisulu Square.
The half marathon follows the same route as the 42.2km, apart from the final 3km, which is a gradual pull to the finish. The 10km follows part of the marathon route, a slow pull until the 4km mark, before it turns back along the same route, a gradual downward slope towards the finish.
The marathon event has a 6 hour cut-off time
Qualifier For Comrades & Two Oceans Marathon – 5 Hours
“Fast Two Lap Course”
Distance & Entry Fee
Pre Entries (Closing 20 Feb 2017):
42.2km Licenced Runners Only – R 182
42.2km Grandmasters 60 yrs+ Licenced Runners Only – R 114
21.1km – R 136
21.1km Grandmasters 60 yrs+ – R 79
10km Run – R 91
10km Run Grandmasters 60 yrs+ – R 57
10km Walk – R 91
10km Walk Grandmaster 60 yrs+ – R 57
4km Fun Run / Walk – R 45
Online entry at EntryTime EnterOnline
Venue: Eldorado Park Stadium, Cumming Road, Eldorado Park
42.2, 21.1 & 10km Run: 06h00
10km Walk: 06:10
4km Run Walk: 06:30
Entry Fee Is Not Refundable
* Secure Parking
* Toilet & Shower Facilities Available
42.2, 21.1 & 10km Run / Walk
Gold: Top 3 Men & Women All category Winners.
Silver: Top 200 Finishers
Bronze: To all Finishers
Refreshment Stations every 3km
No seconding allowed, as there are ample watering points.
Wheelchair athletes are welcome to participate in 10km run / walk road race only.
No rollerblades, skateboards or cyclists allowed on the route.
Regrettably, athletes are not allowed to participate with pets.
All traffic officers and officials instructions to be obeyed.
No ear plugged devices allowed during the race, excluding hearing aid in contravention of IAAF rule 144.2b may lead to disqualification.
- Run in accordance with the rules of ASA and CGA
- Proof of age to be produced on request. Marathon runners must be 20 years or older on race day. Half-Marathon runners must be 16 years or older on race day. 10km race runners must be 15 years or older on race day. Fun Run open to all age groups.
- Registered athletes must be a member of a club affiliated to ASA and wear club colours.
- International athletes must provide a clearance letter from their country of origin to the referee in the event of them winning a prize.
- Temporary licenced athletes must wear plain clothing.
- The issued race number must be worn throughout the race in front of the vest on top of the 2017 Provincial number and the issued temporary licence number must be worn on the back of the vest and the issued race number on the front of the vest.
- Only top 3 positions for men and women are open. The rest of the categories are applicable to athletes competing for these categories. Athletes must wear their age category tags on the back and front of their vest, clearly visible.
- No walkers in the marathon.
- Registered athletes must wear their club colours with the issued 2017 provincial licence number on the front the back of the vest.
- Walkers competing for prize money must wear short pants. Any long pants covering the legs will lead to disqualification.
- All entrants participate at their own risk.
- Blatant running by any walker may lead to immediate disqualification.
- Walkers must wear WALKER.
- Three warnings may lead to disqualification.
- Athletes must comply with ASA domicile rule.
- Team prizes: Only SA citizens or permanent residents will be eligible.
- All foreign athletes must comply with the rules of IAAF and ASA rule 142.2 and 4.2.
- Athletes are only eligible for prizes if all information is completed on their race number, tear-off slip.
- Athletes are only eligible for prizes in the race they have entered.
- Objections must be lodged within 30 minutes (before or after prize-giving) in writing to the referees accompanied by R300, which is refundable if the appeal is upheld.
- The organisers reserve the right to accept or reject any entry.
How to Register?
Online entry at EntryTime EnterOnline
Gerhard - 082 292 9551
Visited 6243 times, 3 Visits today