Minimum Age Requirements:
20 years for the 42.2km marathon
16 years for the 21.1km half marathon
14 years for the 10km race
9 years for the 4.9km fun run
• 5 hours for the 42.2km marathon
• 3 hours for the 21.1km half marathon
• 2 hours for the 10km race
• 1 hour for the 4.9km fun run
- For the 42.2km, 21.1 and 10km race: the temporary number must be pinned in the front and the 2019 ASA license number must be on the back and front and must be visible. The race number must be placed so that the ASA license, sponsor and the Prov year remain visible.
- Temporary number has no insurance coverage on the day of the event.
- No person who finishes a shorter race than what was entered for will qualify for any prize money, medal or incentives.
- The organizers reserve the right to return any entry, not in keeping with the spirit of the race. The decision of the organizers will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Foreign athletes need to produce a clearance certificate from their National Federation to compete in SA – approval from ASA. This needs to be given to the club organizer before entering the event.
- ID must be available on the day of the event. All races are run in accordance with IAAF, ASA and AFS rules and regulations.
• The 42.2km marathon is a double lap route
- Due to the nature of the course, no prams, animals, bicycles or mechanically operated devices (excluding hearing aids) are allowed.
- Waterpoint every 3km
- Obey all marshals, traffic authorities and traffic rules – failing to do so may lead to disqualification. Checkpoints on the route.
- No vehicles allowed on the course.
- Seconding only at water points, however there are sufficient refreshment tables.
- Environmentally – (rule 28) participants must take responsibility for there actions when disposing of litter (may lead to disqualification)
The 26th Sasol Marathon takes place on the 1st of February 2020 from DP de Villiers Stadium (Sasolburg). Distance options: 42.2km, 21.1km, 10km & 4.9km fun run.
Host Of The 42.2km Free State Championship
This event is a qualifier for the Two Oceans and Comrades Marathons.
Distance & Entry Fee
Pre Entries (Closing 20 Jan 2019):
42.2km – R 180
21.1km – R 140
10km – R 80
4.9km Fun Run – R 40
Venue: DP de Villiers Stadium, HF Verwoerd Street, Sasolburg
06:00 for the 42.2km marathon, 21.1km half marathon and 10km race
06:30 for the 4.9km fun run
RACE PACK COLLECTION / LATE ENTRIES
Sasolburg Athletic Club
30 Jan from 14h00 – 18h00
31 Jan 10h00 – 18h00
Prize Giving: 10 am
Medals to all finishers & prize money to top athletes in each category.
T-shirts to the first 400 pre-entries for the 42.2 km marathon.
T-shirts to the first 200 pre-entries for the 21.1 km half marathon.
All results will be posted on www.raceresults.co.za
• First aid available and ambulance service along the route
• Safe parking
• Tog bag area available
• Shower and ablution facilities at the venue
• Food and refreshments will be sold at the venue
Sasolburg Athletic Club
How to Enter?
Online entry at WebTickets (Online entries close 17 January 2020)
Late entries open at 04:30 on the morning of the event at the DP de Villiers Stadium.
083 630 0440
Visited 8136 times, 1 Visit today