- The 27 for Freedom is run in accordance with the rules of ASA and Boland Athletics.
- The 27 for Freedom 27km & 10km races are open to all licensed and non-licensed runners of 20 years and older for the 27km and 14 years and older for the 10km.
- Licensed runners should wear club colours. Official event race number to be worn on the front. Registered athletes must wear their ASA licenses on the front and back of their vests. The race number must be worn on the front of the vest, partially covering the ASA license, so that the ASA license sponsor remains visible. Temporary licensed runners must wear the race number on the front of their vests and the temporary license on the back.
- Temporary licenses are available at R40 for both distances.
- Temporary licensed participants are eligible for age category prizes provided they enter the relevant age group, wear the appropriate age tags and provide proof of age.
- Unlicensed runners must wear plain clothes (no advertising permitted). Official event race number to be worn on the front and the temporary license number on the back.
- Personal seconding is not permitted except at official refreshment stations. Private vehicles are requested not to follow the athletes on the route.
- In addition to overall (Open) prizes, participants will only be eligible for an age category prize in the age category they enter. Corresponding numerical age category tags must be worn on the front and back of their club vest. Participants may enter the age category corresponding to their chronological age or any younger category up to senior.
- Proof of age is required for category prizes.
- Club colours must be worn to qualify for team prizes.
- Juniors (born from 2001 or later) wearing a junior or a senior license must wear an age category tag to qualify for age group prizes.
- No swopping of race numbers as the race number is linked to your name and finishing time and may result in your disqualification.
- Each race distance has a different race number range and colour with your data captured electronically. Do not transfer between races without notifying the race organisers.
- All traffic officers and marshals must be obeyed.
- The race organisers reserve the right to accept or reject any entry.
- Foreign athletes must comply with IAAF rule 4.2 and all relevant race and domestic rules. The athletes must be able to produce the letter from his/her federation permitting participation on race day.
- The entry fee is non-refundable.
- Kilometre markers will be placed at each kilometre mark.
- Refreshment stations will be situated approximately every 3 – 4km along the route.
- Medals will be handed to all finishers.
- There will be tog bag facilities. Bags dropped off at runners’ own risk. The organizer will be not be held responsible for any loss or damages.
- Toilets will be available at the start and finish.
- Prizegiving will take place at 10h30.
- Results will be available at www.27forfreedom.co.za or www.topevents.co.za
- The use of music players with headphones is not allowed and may result in disqualification.
- Temporary license holders when registering must complete and hand in the tear-off strip from the number in order to be eligible to compete.
- Do not litter. Dispose of sachets and cups responsibly by using the boxes provided or carrying them to the Finish. Report offenders to the referees.
- Wheelchair athletes must please contact the organizers timeously to discuss arrangements for their participation.
- The race organizer reserves the right to accept or reject any entry.
CHIP TIMING INFO:
1. Your timing chip will be placed on your race number. The race number must be worn on the front of your vest and visible at the finish line. There is a foam strip on the back of the race number. Please do not remove the timing chip and foam strip from the race number doing so will result in NO finish time. For safety and timing purposes, ONLY the person assigned to this race number may use it.
2. For all results or result queries please visit www.topevents.co.za or call (021) 511 7130 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
CONFIRMATION OF ENTRY:
1. Fax, in-store and online entries will receive a confirmation email (if an email address is provided by you.)
2. Prior to number collection, you will receive an SMS indicating your race number and number collection venue you selected on your entry form.
3. Please bring proof of your entry, email confirmation or SMS confirmation with you to number collection on Friday 7th February 2020 10h00 – 17h00 at the venue you selected on your entry form.
The 27 for Freedom Road Race takes place on the 8th of February 2020, starting from Drakenstein Correctional Facility (Paarl). Distance options: 5km, 10km & 27km.
Distance & Entry Fee:
5km Junior – R25
5km Senior – R40
10km (Licensed/Unlicensed) – R102/R142
27km (Licensed/Unlicensed) – R152/R192
Moisture Management T-Shirt – R235
A service fee is charged when entering online.
Venue: Drakenstein Correctional Facility, Paarl
27km – 06:30 am
10km – 07:00 am
5km freedom route – 09:00 am
Cut-off Time: 10:30 am
Number collection for fax, in-store and online entries will take place on Friday 7th February 2020 from 10h00-17h00 at the following venues:
- Sportsmans Warehouse Rondebosch
- Sportsmans Warehouse Tygervalley
- Sportsmans Warehouse Stellenbosch
- Drakenstein Correctional Facility Paarl
NO NUMBER COLLECTION WILL TAKE PLACE ON RACE DAY. No upgrades, downgrades or substitutions will be done after the closing date of 26th January 2020.
Boland Correctional Services Athletic Club
How to Enter?
Top Events on (021) 511 7130 or email email@example.com. Closing date for online entries, is midnight on Sunday 02 February 2020.
Please note if payment is not received within 72 hours of entry, your entry will be deleted.
Complete your entry form and fax it along with your deposit slip to (021) 510 7230. Closing date for fax entries is 26th January 2020.
3. INSTORE ENTRIES:
Hand deliver your entry form and cash to a cashier in any of the Sportsmans Warehouse stores marked below. You will receive two till
slips, one to be stapled onto your entry form and the other serves as proof of your entry. Please bring this with you to number collection.
Closing date for in-store entries 26th January 2020.
In-Store entries can be done at:
• Sportsmans Warehouse Canal Walk • Sportsmans Warehouse Rondebosch
• Sportsmans Warehouse Sea Point • Sportsmans Warehouse Somerset Mall
• Sportsmans Warehouse Stellenbosch • Sportsmans Warehouse Tokai
• Sportsmans Warehouse Tygervalley • Sportsmans Warehouse West Coast
4. ENTRY FEES ARE NON REFUNDABLE AND WILL BE DONATED TO CHARITY.
5. NO ENTRIES WILL BE TAKEN ON RACE DAY EXCEPT FOR THE FREEDOM ROUTE 5KM FUN RUN/WALK
Visited 5996 times, 1 Visit today