- The race is run in accordance with the rules of ASA and WPA. All participants must comply with the rules, regulations, and instructions given by officials, marshals and traffic officials. Non-compliance may lead to disqualification. The race organizer reserves the right to accept/reject any entry received.
- The athlete agrees to participate at their own risk and by their entry and participation fully indemnifies the organizers of the ABAX Investments Milkwood Run, Athletics South Africa, Western Province Athletics, City of Cape Town, Province, Sport Redefined, all official sponsors and partners, volunteer groups, medical suppliers, and any and all local authorities, from any direct or indirect loss or damage, however, caused, arising from their participation in the event or related to the event, including pre-race and post-race activities.
- The ABAX Investments Milkwood Run takes place on Sunday 1st March 2020 at Soetwater Resort Kommetjie.
- Licensed athletes should wear club colours. Full club colours and permanent licenses must be worn to qualify for team prizes. Temporary licensed runners don’t qualify for team prizes. Temporary licensed athletes must run in clothing without advertising.
- One race number (bib) will be issued. Registered athletes must wear their 2020 ASA licenses on the front and back of their vests. The race number must be worn on the front of the vest, partially covering the ASA license, so that the ASA license sponsor remains visible. Temporary licensed runners must wear the race number on the front of their vest and the temporary license on the back.
- Temporary license holders when registering must complete and hand in the tear-off strip from the number in order to be eligible to compete.
- The official race number must be unaltered on the front of the runners’ vests.
- No swopping of race numbers is permitted as the race number is linked to your name and finishing time. Any swopping may result in your disqualification.
- Each race distance has a linked race number range and colour used to capture your data electronically. For this reason, no transfer between races is allowed.
- Categories & [Tags]: Open, Age (40-49) , Age (50-59) , Age (60-69+)  Age (70+)  Junior Category [J] is less than 20 years old with the minimum age for each distance: 21.1km Minimum age 16 years on race day, 10km Minimum age 14 years on race day, 5km Minimum age 9 years on race day. Age category tags must be worn (front and back) and visible for the entire race to be eligible for any age category prize including Juniors.
- Overall (Open) prizes, participants will only be eligible for an age category prize in the age category they enter. Corresponding numerical age category tags must be worn on the front and back of their club vest. Participants may enter the age category corresponding to their chronological age or any younger category down to senior. Juniors (born in 2001 or later) wearing a senior or junior license must display category tags “J”, to qualify for age group prizes. Juniors will count towards Open team prizes.
- Runners must give proof of their age at the request of the Race Referee (Original ID / Birth Certificate / Permanent residence Permit).
- Temporary License Runners are eligible for an individual age category prizes provided they enter the relevant age group, wear the appropriate age tag on the front and back and provide proof of age.
- Wheelchair athletes must please contact the organizers timeously to discuss arrangements for their participation.
- No personal seconding will be permitted, except at official Aid Stations.
- Do not litter. Dispose of cups and other litter responsibly by using the bins provided. Report offenders to the referees. #RunGreen #RunClean #ICarryMyOwn.
- For safety reasons the use of personal music players during road races is not allowed and may result in disqualification.
- Detailed rules are available on www.wpa.org.za or on request from the organizers or the WPA office.
- All entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable under all circumstances, including, but not limited to, cancellation of the event or of the athlete’s participation, or change in the date, nature, or format of the event. The event may be canceled or changed due to severe weather or any other factors that may be deemed to threaten the safety of athletes, staff, or volunteers.
Route: Participants must stay on the left-hand side of the road at all times unless instructed differently by the marshals and Traffic Officers.
21.1km – This route is very scenic along the coastal road from Kommetjie to Scarborough. There is a short climb at 3.5km up Slangkop pass and a small climb from 16km.
10km – This route is a single loop through Kommetjie and over Slangkop pass to Soetwater Resort. There is a short climb at 3km up Slangkop pass. Otherwise, the route is downhill or flat.
5km Fun Run – Runners run towards the Slangkop Lighthouse and do a loop in Kommetjie before making their way back.
The ABAX Investments Milkwood Half Marathon takes place 1 March 2020, from Soetwater Resort (Kommetjie). Distance options: 21.1km, 10km & 5km fun run.
Distances & Fees:
21.1km (Licensed/Unlicensed): R 135/195
10km (Licensed/Unlicensed): R 95/135
10km Junior (Licensed/Unlicensed): R 75/100
5km Fun Run: R 60
T-shirt (Orders Close 5th February) – R124
Venue: Soetwater Resort, south of Kommetjie Lighthouse
21.1km – 6:30
10km – 7:10
5km Fun Run – 7:30
Race Number Collection
Race Number collection will be at:
Trail and Tar, Wed 26th Feb, 3 pm to 6 pm
Sweatshop, Thur 26th Feb, 11 am to 2 pm
Sportsmans Warehouse Tygervalley, Fri 28th Feb, 11 am to 2 pm
Sportsmans Warehouse Rondebosch, Sat 29th Feb, 9 am to 1 pm
Should neither of these be possible, please contact the Milkwood Run Team
Parking: Please note there is limited parking space at Soetwater Resort. We strongly encourage you to car share and to arrive early. Gates open 5:30 am.
Cut off Time: for all races is 09:45 am
Baggage: A tog bag facility will be available. All items are stored at the owner’s risk. Please ensure that bags are clearly marked.
- Recycle your race numbers in the bins provided at the finish
- Athletes who forget their permanent or temporary licenses at home on race day will need to purchase a new one. (21.1km – R60 & 10km – R40 & 10km Junior – R25)
More information at event website
How to Enter?
Entries limited to 2000 runners.
Enter Early to book your place.
» Enter online: www.milkwoodrun.co.za
» Entries Closing date: Wednesday 19th February 2020 – 5 pm
» If you are not able to enter online, please contact the Milkwood Run Team – email@example.com
• Entry Fees are not refundable unless the entry is rejected by the organizer less any bank charges.
EMAIL ENTRIES –Payment details
Bank Name: First National Bank
Branch Name: Tokai
Account Holder: Sport Redefined
Account Number: 62444672019
Branch Number: 200409
Deposit Ref: Name & Surname
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visited 5839 times, 1 Visit today