The ACSA 10km road race is organized by the Airport Athletic Club and will be run on 4 Dec 2016. There is also a 5km fun run option.
Distance & Entry Fee
10km challenge – Licensed Athlete – R40
10km challenge – Unlicensed Athlete – R65
10km challenge – Licensed Juniors – R25
10km challenge – Unlicensed Juniors – R40
10km challenge – Age 60+ – Free
5km family fun run – R25
Venue: Start & Finish – Cape Town International Airport
Start Time: 10km Challenge @ 6:30 & 5km Family Fun Run @ 7:00
Registration: Open on Race Day at 4:30am
- The race is open to all, but registered athletes should run in club colours and must display their 2016 licence numbers on the front and back. No race numbers will be issued. (a) Club colours must be worn to qualify for team prizes.
- For safety reasons, the use of personal music players with headphones is not allowed. Use of such device is in contravention of IAAF rule 144.3 (b) and may result in disqualification.
- Temporary licenced participants are eligible for age category prizes provided they enter for the relevant age group, wear the appropriate age tags and provide proof of age. Temporary licensed athletes must run in plain coloured clothing without advertising, with the temporary license number on the front.
- No personal seconding will be permitted, except at official refreshments stations.
- Juniors (born 1996 or later) wearing a Junior or Senior Licence must display the age tag “J” to qualify for age group prizes.
- Participants must be 14 years or older on the day. Fun Run participants under 10 years must be accompanied by an adult.
- Traffic officers, officials and race marshalls must be obeyed at all times.
- Time limit: 105 minutes.
- Athletes age 60 and over run for free.
- Athletes should be in possession of their race entry cards during the race.
- In addition to overall (open) prizes, participants will only be eligible for a category prize in the category they enter. Corresponding numerical age categories must be worn on the front and back of the vest. Participants may enter for the age category corresponding to their chronological age or any younger category down to Senior.
- When registering, temporary license holders must complete and hand in the tear-off strip from the number in order to be covered by the ASA accident insurance.
- Do not litter. Dispose of sachets and cups responsibly by using the boxes provided or carrying them to the finish. Report offenders to the referees.
- Detailed rules are available at www.wpa.org.za or on request from the organisers or the WPA office.
- Wheelchair athletes must please contact the organisers timeously to discuss arrangements for their participation.
AIRPORTS ATHLETICS CLUB
082 377 4717 - Jennifer Smith
How to Register?
Available at venue on race day from 4:30am
Visited 833 times, 1 Visit today