- The Cape Peninsula Marathon is run in accordance with the rules of ASA and WPA.
- The Cape Peninsula Marathon and Half Marathon are open to all licenced and non-licenced runners of 16 years and older for the Half Marathon and 20 years and older for the Marathon.
- Licenced runners should wear club colours. Official event race number to be worn on the front. Registered athletes must wear their ASA licences on the front and back of their vest. The race number must be worn on the front of the vest, partially covering the ASA licence, so that the ASA licence sponsor remains visible. Temporary licenced runners must wear the race number on the front of their vest and the temporary licence on the back.
- Temporary licences are available at R60 for the 21.1km and R70 for the 42.2km events.
- Temporary licenced participants are eligible for age category prizes provided they enter the relevant age group, wear the appropriate age tags and provide proof of age.
- Unlicenced runners must wear plain clothes (no advertising permitted). Official event race number to be worn on the front and the temporary licence number on the back.
- Personal seconding is not permitted except at official refreshment stations. Private vehicles are requested not to follow the athletes on the route.
- In addition to overall (Open) prizes, participants will only be eligible for an age category prize in the age category they enter. Corresponding numerical age category tags must be worn on the front and back of their club vest. Participants may enter the age category corresponding to their chronological age or any younger category up to senior.
- Proof of age is required for category prizes.
- Club colours must be worn to qualify for team prizes.
- No swopping of race numbers as the race number is linked to your name and finishing time and may result in your disqualification.
- Each race distance has a different race number range and colour with your data captured electronically. Do not transfer between races without notifying the race organisers.
- All traffic officers and marshals must be obeyed.
- The race organisers reserve the right to accept or reject any entry.
- Foreign athletes must comply with IAAF rule 4.2 and all relevant race and domestic rules.
- The entry fee is non-refundable.
- Kilometre markers will be placed at each kilometre mark.
- Refreshment stations will be situated approximately every 3km along the route.
- Medals will be handed to all finishers.
- There will be a tog bag truck at the start of the 42.2km & 21.1km. These vehicles will deliver the bags to the finish in Simon’s Town. Bags dropped off at runners’ own risk. The organiser will not be held responsible for any loss or damages.
- Toilets will be available at the start and finish.
- Prizegiving will take place at 10h30.
- Results will be available at www.topevents.co.za and www.wpa.org.za
- The use of music players with headphones is not allowed and may result in disqualification.
- Temporary licence holders when registering must complete and hand in the tear-off strip from the number in order to be eligible to compete.
- Age category tags must be worn (front and back) and visible for the entire race to be eligible for any age category prize including Juniors.
- Detailed rules are available on www.wpa.org.za or on request from the organisers or the WPA office.
- Wheelchair athletes must please contact the organisers timeously to discuss arrangements for their participation.
- Your race chip is attached to your race bib. Take care not to damage the chip or you may not get a time recorded. No time, no result, no qualification for Two Oceans or Comrades.
- Do not litter. Dispose of sachets and cups responsibly by using the boxes provided or carrying them to the Finish. Report offenders to the referees. #RunClean.
The Cape Peninsula Marathon takes place Sunday, 16 February 2020 from Green Point (42.2km) & Bergvliet (21.1km) to Simon’s Town.
This event is a qualifier for the Two Oceans & Comrades Marathons
Distances & Entry Fee:
42.2km – R194
21.1km – R134
Temp. License (21.1km/42.2km) – R60/70
T-shirt – R235
Bus Ticket – R120
Note: service fee for online entries
21.1km: Bergvliet Sports Club, Children’s Way, Bergvliet (Off Ladies Mile Road)
42.2km: Main Road, Green Point (Opp Cape Town Stadium)
Finish Venue: Simons Town Naval Base
42.2km – 05H15
21.1km – 07H00
42.2km Cut Off Times
21.1km – 08:15
33km – 10:00
Finish – 11:15
21.1km Cut off Times
12km – 10:00
Finish – 11:00
- Number collection for fax, in-store and online entries will take place on Saturday 15th February 2020 from 10h00-17h00 at the following venues: Sportsmans Warehouse Rondebosch, Sportsmans Warehouse Tygervalley, Sportsmans Warehouse West Coast.
- No upgrades, downgrades and/or substitutions will be allowed at number collection or after Sunday 2nd February 2020.
How to Enter?
Enter online at www.topevents.co.za. Should you have any enquiries about entering online, please contact Top Events on (021) 511 7130 or email email@example.com. The closing date for online entries is midnight on 9th February 2020. Please note if payment is not received within 72 hours of entry, your entry will be deleted.
Complete your entry form and fax it along with your deposit slip to (021) 510 7230. The closing date for fax entries is Sunday 2nd February 2020.
Hand deliver your entry form and cash to a cashier in any of the Sportsmans Warehouse stores marked below. You will receive two till slips, one to be stapled onto your entry form and the other serves as proof of your entry, please bring this with you to registration. The closing date for in-store entries is Sunday 2nd February 2020.
You can enter at the following Sportsmans Warehouse stores in the Western Cape:
• Sportsmans Warehouse Canal Walk
• Sportsmans Warehouse Sea Point
• Sportsmans Warehouse Tygervalley
• Sportsmans Warehouse Somerset Mall
• Sportsmans Warehouse Rondebosch
• Sportsmans Warehouse Tokai
• Sportsmans Warehouse West Coast
• Sportsmans Warehouse Stellenbosch
ENTRY FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND WILL BE DONATED TO CHARITY IF AN ENTRY IS CANCELLED BEFORE RACE DAY.
Due to the fact that chip timing is being used, there will be NO LATE ENTRIES TAKEN AT NUMBER COLLECTION
Visited 15974 times, 2 Visits today