- The Century City Express is run in accordance with the rules of ASA and WPA.
- The Century City Express 10km is open to all licenced and non-licenced runners of 14 years and older.
- Licenced runners should wear club colours. Official event race number to be worn on the front. Registered athletes must wear their ASA licences on the front and back of their vest. The race number must be worn on the front of the vest, partially covering the ASA licence, so that the ASA licence sponsor remains visible. Temporary licenced runners must wear the race number on the front of their vest and the temporary licence on the back.
- Temporary licences are available at R40 for the 10km Senior and R25 for 10km Junior events.
- Temporary licenced participants are eligible for age category prizes provided they enter the relevant age group, wear the appropriate age tags and provide proof of age. Age category tags will be available for purchase at number collection.
- Temporary licences will be available at registration. When registering, participants must complete and hand in the tear-off strip from the number in order to be eligible to compete.
- Personal seconding is not permitted except at official refreshment stations. Private vehicles are requested not to follow the athletes on the route.
- In addition to overall (Open) prizes, participants will only be eligible for an age category prize in the age category they enter. Corresponding numerical age category tags must be worn on the front and back of their club vest. Participants may enter the age category corresponding to their chronological age or any younger category down to senior.
- Proof of age is required for category prizes. 10.) Juniors (born from 2001 onwards) wearing a junior or a senior licence must wear an age category tag to qualify for age group prizes.
- No swopping of race numbers as the race number is linked to your name and finishing time and may result in your disqualification.
- Each race distance has a different race number range and colour with your data captured electronically. Do not transfer between races without notifying the race organisers.
- Children younger than 12 years participating in the 5km to be accompanied by an adult.
- No club colours or licenses required for runners participating in the 5km.
- All traffic officers and marshals must be obeyed.
- The race organisers reserve the right to accept or reject any entry.
- The entry fee is non-refundable.
- Kilometre markers will be placed at each kilometre mark.
- Refreshment stations will be situated approximately every 3km along the route.
- Medals will be handed to all finishers.
- There will be tog bag facilities at the start of all events. Bags dropped off at runners’ own risk.
- Toilets will be available at the start and finish.
- Prizegiving will take place at Central Park 09:00 am
- Results will be available at www.finishtime.co.za ; www.centurycity.co.za and www.discovery.co.za/vitality/runseries.
- The use of music players with headphones is not allowed and may result in disqualification.
- Wheelchair participants must please contact the organisers timeously to make arrangements for their participation.
- Time limit: 1h45 (10km finished at 8:45 am)
- Do not litter. Dispose of sachets and cups responsibly by using the boxes provided or carrying to the finish.
- Detailed rules are available on www.wpa.org.za or on request from the organisers or the WPA office.
Century City 10km Express will take place on the 29th of February 2020, from 7 am at Central Park, Century City. There is a 5km Fun Run as well.Route Map
Distance & Entry Fee
Pre Entries (Closing 23 Feb 2020):
10km Licenced Runners – R75
10km Unlicenced Runners – R115
10km Licenced Juniors – R55
10km Unlicenced Juniors – R80
5km Fun Run/Walk – R55
5km Fun Run/Walk Juniors – R40
Venue: Central Park, Century City
10km: 7.00 am
5km: 7:15 am
NO ENTRIES WILL BE TAKEN ON THE DAY
RACE PACK COLLECTION STEEL BRIDGE E-PARKING, CNR CENTURY CITY DRIVE AND CENTURY BOULEVARD OPPOSITE CANAL WALK ENTRANCE 4 | 27 & 28 FEB 07:00 – 19:00
LUCKY DRAW AND PRIZE GIVING ON THE DAY – 9 AM
Century City Athletic Club
How to Enter?
Visited 10433 times, 1 Visit today