The Harvest Trail Run (Presented by Sportsmans Warehouse) takes place 23 February 2019, from Simonsvlei Wine Estate. Distance options: 6km & 11km.
Join us for the Harvest celebrations, for three months in the year, the Cape Winelands come to life. The farms are filled with pickers, the cellars are buzzing with activity and the winemakers are hard at work crafting world-class wines. This year we launch a new venue, Simonsvlei Wine Estate with three trail runs taking place with two route options. All the trail runs will take place on a Saturday in conjunction with their weekly Vlei Market. Title sponsor Sportsmans Warehouse vouchers to be won and amazing Simonsvlei Wine.
VENUE: Simonsvlei Wine Estate, Old Paarl Road, R101
REGISTRATION: From 06h30
DISTANCES: 6km and 11km
COST: Pre-entries (close on the 21st Feb):
11km – R140
6km – R120
- All PRE-ENTRANTS who are under 18 years of age will pay only R50 entry fee! Note late entries under 18 will pay the normal late entry fee. No discount!
- Late entries taken on event day, if available. Additional late entry fees will apply
- Timing by Amarider Trail Tag – available for rent (R20) or buy (R100). All results are submitted to Discovery for Vitality points on condition you have timing results on www.trailtag.co.za. Results are live to all pre-entrants; late entries & changes will only be live by the Monday afternoon.
Slightly different run route for Dirtopia with a nice flat warmup section of about 2km on gravel road and a bit of tar before heading into some proper hills and the vineyards on the southern slopes of Paarl Mountain. The 11km route has some proper climbs and is not recommended for beginners while the 6km has just enough climbing to make you realise you probably need to train more.
Both routes offer beautiful views over Suider-Paarl and Simondium from some unique vantage points.
- A medal to all finishers!
- The refreshment station on route will have Powerade, water, fruit & jellys and coke to all finishers.
- Simonsvlei will be ready with coffee from early morning and have something to eat afterwards.
- The weekly Vleimarket at Simonsvlei will start at 09h00 and end at 15h00, free entry to all.
- Bring the kids and family and browse the stalls, lots of kid’s entertainment, live music, restaurant as well as wine and beer tasting.
- Stay for the lucky draw and stand a chance to win great products to use in your sport, including Sportsmans Warehouse vouchers and wine from Simonsvlei.
- Livvwell will be there for some great recovery massages.
How to Register?
Online entry at Dirtpass
Visited 2010 times, 1 Visit today