RULES AND REGULATIONS
- The Hemel En Aarde Marathon is run and organized in terms of the rules of Boland Athletic Union and ASA
- Age restriction 18 Years
- No iPod’s or listening devices
- No littering allowed more than 30m away from the watering points (Runners will be disqualified when caught littering) Let’s keep our beautiful country clean.
- Registered athletes must wear their 2020 license numbers on the front and back of their vests
The race will start in the picturesque town of Caledon and will take the runners past some of the most amazing landscapes and across the rolling hills of the Overberg.
The winding road will take the runners towards the Whaling Town of Hermanus where they will reach the finish line at the well known Whalehaven Winery.
The most beautiful Wine Farms that nestle in the surrounding hills will be a true reflection of the name of this spectacular marathon. The winding road towards Hermanus has breathtaking views that make the Hemel En Aarde Marathon a “must do” race on the bucket list of every runner.
Only 2000 runners will have the opportunity to experience this amazing race in 2020 and every runner will receive an extraordinary medal and a specially designed T-Shirt sponsored by ASICS that will reflect the journey through one of the notorious areas in the Southern part of our country. Truly something to be proud of.
The local farming community will play a supporting role at the watering points and the organizers will create a carnival atmosphere every step of the race.
The Hemel En Aarde Marathon promises to take a “not to miss” status on the South African Running Calendar.
RACE DAY PARKING
- Parking at the Whale Coast Mall at the back of the Shopping Mall
- Security staff will be available
- Please arrive early to avoid congestion
- Parking also available at the Start in Caledon – Overberg High School
- Please enter the Shopping Mall on the R43 and take the two side roads to the back of the Mall
Take note of the following important information:
- Runners must fill from the back
- Self-seeding must be done.
- Please seed yourself according to your estimated finish time
- Runners must cross the start line to record start time. Failure to cross the start line will lead to disqualification
- Mat-to-mat timing will be used once again
BUS TRANSPORT AND TICKETS
- Runners that want to park their vehicles in Hermanus can buy a bus ticket and will be transported to the Starting Point in Caledon
- Buses will depart from The Whale Coast Mall from 03H30 on the day of the race.
- Bus Ticket: R75.00
The Hemel En Aarde Marathon takes place on 29 February 2020, from Overberg High School, Caledon (Western Cape) and finishing in Hermanus.
This event is a qualifier for the Two Oceans and Comrades marathons.
Distance & Entry Fee:
42.2km – R225
Bus ticket – R75
Start Venue: Overberg High School, Caledon, Western Cape
Finish Venue: Whalehaven Winery, Hermanus, Western Cape
Start Time: 6 am
28 February 2020 at Whale Coast Mall: 18h00 – 21h00
28 February 2020 at Overberg High School: 18h00 – 21h00
29 February 2020 at the Start (Caledon – Overberg High School): 03h45 – 05h30
Wietse Van Der Westhuizen / Caledon Athletic Club
How to Enter?
Online entry at EntryNinja (entries open 2 December)
The race entries are capped at the first 2000 entries received. Runners will receive a high-quality Hemel En Aarde race T-shirt sponsored by ASICS
Visited 91 times, 3 Visits today