The Hout Bay Trail Challenge takes place on the 28th of July 2018 from Hout Bay Harbour.
This demanding route circumnavigates the mountains surrounding Hout Bay. The trail is divided into three legs with checkpoints at Suikerbossie Restaurant and Constantia Nek within the Table Mountain National Park. Mention should be made of the race’s final obstacle, Disa River Mouth on Hout Bay Beach. It can be waist deep if the tides are not in your favour but for most it is only an ankle-deep crossing. Either way be prepared to get a little wet.
Distance & Entry Fee:
- Individual (40km): R950.00
- Team Entry (40km): R1785.00 ( R595.00 – 3 runners per team – each will run 1 of the 3 legs in a relay format)
- Bright Start Charity Entry is R1800.00 (individual entry)
Venue: Hout Bay Harbour
Start Time: 07H00
Discipline: Trail Running
- Team (3 Runners, each doing one leg)
- There will be 10 Bright Start Charity places available on a first come first basis.
- The last 20 places will be reserved for previous race winners, sponsors, media, development runners, invited runners and the previous year’s marshals. Any places not used will be offered to those on the waiting list.
- Hout Bay Ultra Challenge will not be held this year.
- If you are unsuccessful at obtaining an entry initially to the 2018 race, you can place your name on the waiting list online.
Entries will close on 18th July 2018 at 5pm or once we have reached our entry limit of 250. We are anticipating that the entries will once again go quickly.
How to Enter?
Pre-entries: www.houtbaychallenge.co.za/. Entries are limited to 250 entrants. No entries taken on race day.
Visited 1731 times, 1 Visit today