- Your timing chip will be placed on your race number. The race number must be worn on the front of your vest and visible at the finish line. There is a foam strip on the back of the race number. Please do not remove the timing chip and foam strip from the race number. Doing so will result in NO finish time. For safety and timing purposes, ONLY the person assigned to this race number may use it.
- Registered athletes must wear their ASA license on the front and back of their vests. The race number must be worn on the front of the vest, partially covering the ASA license, so that the ASA license sponsor remains visible. Temporary licensed runners must wear the race number on the front of their vests and the temporary license on the back.
- Temporary licenses will be available at registration. When registering, participants must complete and hand in the tear-off strip from the number in order to be eligible to compete.
- Athletes must be 20 years and older for the marathon, 16 years and older for the half marathon and 14 years and older for the 10km.
- In addition to Overall (Open) prizes, athletes will only be eligible for an age category prize in the age category they enter. Corresponding numerical age tags must be worn on the front and back of their club vests. Athletes may enter the age category corresponding to their chronological age or any younger category down to senior.
- Age category tags must be worn (front and back) and be visible for the entire race to be eligible for any age category prize including Juniors and temporary licensed participants, who must provide proof of age on request.
- The use of music players with headphones is not allowed and may result in disqualification.
- Juniors (born 2001 or later) wearing a junior license or senior license must display age category “J” tags, to qualify for age group prizes. Juniors will count towards Open team prizes.
- Licensed athletes should wear club colours. Full club colours must be worn to qualify for team prizes. Temporary licensed athletes must run in clothing without advertising.
- No personal seconding will be permitted, except at official refreshment stations.
- No cars allowed inside Park during the race.
- Do not litter. Dispose of sachets and cups responsibly by using litter boxes near water stations and at every km board, or carry them to the finish. Report offenders to the referees. #RunClean
- Detailed rules are available on www.wpa.org.za or on request from the organizers or the WPA office.
- Marathon starts at Tzaarsbank near Postberg on Western side of Park (sea-side)
- Half Marathon, 10km and Fun Run start at Langebaan Country Estate.
- All four races finish at Langebaan Country Estate.
- Routes mainly through West Coast National Park and LCE, with half marathon 30% off-road.
- Busses are the only form of transport to Marathon start allowed.
- Buses will transport runners from the registration point at LCE to the start inside Park.
- The last bus will depart from registration point at 05:00 (50km drive at 50km/h)
- Tog bag facility available at start points.
- While the organizers will take reasonable care with the bags, no responsibility whatsoever is accepted for loss or damage.
Marathon – 12:00
Half Marathon – 10:30
10km – 09:15
The Langebaan Country Estate Weskus Marathon takes place on the 14th of March 2020, from Langebaan Country Estate (Western Cape). Distance options: 42.2km, 21.1km, 10km & 5km fun run.
This race is run on an undulating route, mainly through the West Coast National Park, next to the Langebaan Lagoon.
This event is a qualifier for the 2020 editions of Two Oceans and Comrades Marathons
Distances & Entry Fee:
42.2km (Includes bus fee): R 195
21.1km – R115
10km – R75
10km Junior – R40
5km FUN RUN: Only Entries at Langebaan Registration R30 (Friday, 13 March 2020)
DRI FIT T-SHIRT R 240
Entries close on 9 March 2020. No late entries. The Marathon field has a 1500 entry limit.
Start Venue: Langebaan Country Estate, Langebaan, Western Cape, South Africa (www.langebaanestate.co.za)
06:15 – 42.2km
06:30 – 21.1km
06:45 – 10km
07:45 – 5km fun run
Friday 13 March 2020:
From 12:00 – 18:00 at Sportsman’s Warehouse Tyger Valley
From 16:00 – 20:00 at Langebaan Country Estate (LCE)
Saturday 23 March:
From 03:30 until 04:45 for Marathon at LCE
From 04:30 to 30 minutes before races for Half Marathon and 10km at LCE
Registration and finishing venue at Golf Club Driving Range of LCE
R70 for Marathon
R60 for Half Marathon
R40 (seniors) & R25 (juniors) for 10km
5km & 10km – 09:30
Half Marathon – 10:45
Marathon – 12:00
Results will be available on www.weskusmarathon.co.za
How to Enter?
Enter online or at any Pick n Pay store
Online entry at WebTickets
WebTickets - 021 834 5000 / email@example.com
Visited 11036 times, 3 Visits today