The Lion of Africa road race takes place on the 4th of February 2017, route starts in Constantia. There is a half marathon, 10km and a 6km fun run options.
The 21.1km race is made up of undulating hills and superb scenery, and winds its way through the picturesque areas of Firgrove and Constantia. The 10km race is now separate to the 21.1km race, and it’s a fast and flat route.
Distances & Entry Fee:
- 21.1km – Licensed R105, Unlicensed R155
- 10km Regular – Licensed R65, Unlicensed R95
- 10km Junior – Licensed R45, Unlicensed R65
Venue: Cape Academy for Mathematics, Science & Technology Centre, Cnr of Firgrove & Spaanschemat Road, Constantia
Start Time: 05h45
Discipline: Road Running
Prize Giving: 09h30
Cut off time: 21.1km – 09h15; 10km Run – 08h00; 6km Fun Run/Walk – 07h00
Min Age: 21.1km – 16 YRS+; 10km Run – 14 YRS+
Race T-shirt: R195
Number collection info & Rules can be found here
Faraday Way, Cape Town, South Africa
083 296 5953 - Michael Adams
About the Organizers
Spartan Harriers are based in Meadowridge in the Southern Suburbs of Cape Town.
How to Register?
ONLINE: Enter online at www.topevents.co.za (for enquiries, please contact Top Events: (021) 511 7130 or email@example.com). Closing date: Midnight on Sunday 29 January 2017.
FAX: Complete your entry form and fax it along with your deposit slip to (021) 510 7230. Closing date: Sunday 19 January 2017.
INSTORE ENTRIES: Hand deliver your entry form and cash entry fee to a cashier in any of the Sportsman’s Warehouse stores marked below. You will receive 2 till slips, one to be stapled onto your entry form and the other as proof of your entry. Please bring this with you to number collection. Closing date: Sunday 19 January 2017.
You can enter at the following Sportsmans Warehouse stores in the Western Cape:
• Sportsmans Warehouse Canal Walk
• Sportsmans Warehouse Rondebosch
• Sportsmans Warehouse Somerset Mall
• Sportsmans Warehouse Tokai
• Sportsmans Warehouse Tygervalley
• Sportsmans Warehouse West Coast
• Sportsmans Warehouse Sea Point
No entries will be taken on race day for the 21.1km or 10km events, only for the 6km.
Entry fees are non-refundable and will be donated to charity, if an entry is cancelled before race day.
Confirmation of entry:
• Fax and online entries will receive a confirmation email (if an email address is provided by you)
• Prior to number collection you will receive an sms, indicating your race number and the registration venue you selected.
• Please bring proof of your entry, email confirmation or sms confirmation with to Number Collection on Friday 3rd February 2017 from 10h00 – 18h00.
Visited 5377 times, 1 Visit today