The Merrell Whale of Trail takes place on the 3rd of August 2019, from De Hoop Nature Reserve (Western Cape). Distance options: 35km & 53km ultra.
South Africa’s iconic five day Whale Trail hiking route is offered as a challenge to runners capable of embracing all 53km and 1900m elevation as a TRAIL RUNNING ULTRA, packed with spectacular mountain fynbos, technical rocky ridgelines, sandy beach stretches and endless, mind blowing, beautiful vistas all in one day.
Distance & Entry Fee:
53km – R3600
35km – R2800
Race Venue: De Hoop Collection on De Hoop Nature Reserve
Start: Potberg Nature Reserve
Finish: Koppie Alleen – De Hoop Nature Reserve.
Registration: 2nd August 2019 – 16h00 – 19h00 at De Hoop Collection
Briefing dinner: 2nd August 2019 – 18h30 – 20h00 at De Hoop Collection
Prize giving dinner: 3rd August 2019 – 17h30 – 20h00 at De Hoop Collection
- Permit and unique opportunity to run this trail
- CapeNature fee for De Hoop Reserve and the trail
- Paramedic support with 4×4 vehicles (excludes helicopter evacuation, or any hospitalization transport, which will be at the athlete’s cost)
- Tog bag
- Transfers to and from race venue to start and finish points
- Water tables with food on the route
- Friday night briefing dinner
- Saturday night prize giving dinner
- Meal at finish
- Complimentary leg massage at the finish
- Finisher’s medal
Entry fee does not include:
- Drinks at dinners
- Personal race nutrition.
Mountain Runner Events
Tatum Prins - 083 449 0760
How to Enter?
Event Contact Information
Visited 1212 times, 2 Visits today