- No personal seconding allowed, except at official refreshment stations.
- The use of music players with headphones is not allowed and may result in disqualification.
- Do not litter. Dispose of sachets and cups responsibly by using the boxes provided or carrying them to the finish. Report offenders to the referees. #RunClean
- Participants must obey the instructions of marshals/traffic officers.
10km Race Rules in Accordance With The Rules Of ASA And WPA
- Minimum age on race day is 14 years
- Licensed athletes should compete in official club colours and must display unaltered license numbers, valid for 2019, on the front and back of running vests. Unlicensed athletes must wear clothing without advertising and the temporary license on the chest.
- In addition to Overall (Open) prizes, participants will only be eligible for an age category prize in the age category they enter. Corresponding numerical age category tags must be worn on the front and back of their club vest. Master athletes may enter the age category
corresponding to their chronological age or any younger category, excluding the junior category
- Temporary licensed participants are eligible for age category prizes provided they enter the relevant age groups, wear the appropriate age tags and provide proof of age.
- Juniors (born 2000 or later) wearing a senior or junior license number must display the age category tags (‘J’) to qualify for an age category prize.
- Entry cards must be worn for the duration of the race and handed in at the results board at the FINISH. Any participant not able to produce an entry card when asked to do so by a race official may be disqualified.
- Any ruling by the race committee will be considered final. Race results will be sent to all Western Province Clubs.
- Race numbers (bibs) will not be issued. All registered athletes must wear two valid license numbers. Unregistered participants must purchase a Temporary Licence which must be worn on the front of the vest.
- Registering temporary license holders must complete and hand in their number’s tear-off strip to be eligible to compete
- Wheelchair athletes must please contact the organizers timeously to discuss
arrangements for their participation.
- Detailed rules are available on www.wpa.org.za or on request from the organizers or the WPA office.
FUN Run Rules:
Participants younger than 10 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
The RCS Gugs Race Run for Unity 10km takes place on the 16th of December 2019, starting from NY49 Stadium (Gugulethu). Distance options: 4.2km fun run & 10km.
Distance & Entry Fee
Pre Entries (Closing 12 Dec 2018):
10km Senior Licensed – R60
10km Senior Unlicensed – R100
10km Junior Licensed – R40
10km Junior Unlicensed – R65
4.2km Senior – R 40
4.2km Junior – R 30
Venue: NY 49 Gugulethu Stadium
Start Time: 6:30 am
Entries: Will be accepted on race day from 05H00-06H15.
Cut Off Time: 9H00.
Prize Giving: Ceremony and spot prize will commence at 09H00. Medals: First 2 000 finishers will get medals in the 10km Tog Bag Area: Provided tog bag area used at runner’s own risk.
RCS Gugulethu Athletic Club
How to Enter?
Visited 4317 times, 1 Visit today