The Safari Half Marathon takes place on May, 1st 2019 from Hugenote High School (Wellington, Western Cape). Though the half marathon is the flagship event there is also a 10km & 5km fun run available.
Distances & Entry Fee:
21.1km Licensed (includes compulsory timing chip) – R141
21.1km Unlicensed (includes compulsory timing chip) – R181
10km Licensed (includes compulsory timing chip) – R105
10km Unlicensed (includes compulsory timing chip) – R145
5km fun run – R50
Over 70 yrs old FREE just pay Temp. License
Temp. License – R40
Moisture Management T-shirt – R215
21.1km run – Willem Basson Boulevard next to the Boland Rugby Stadium
21.1km walk – Blouvlei Road next to the school gate
10km Run/Walk & 5km Fun Run – General Hertzog Boulevard
21.1km – 07:10
10km – 09:30
5km fun run – 09:00
Cut-off time: 11h00 for all events
Discipline: Road Running
Number collection for all entries will take place on Friday 26th April from 09h00 – 17h00 and Saturday 27th April from 09h00 – 16h00 at the following venues:
- Sportsmans Warehouse West Coast
- Sportsmans Warehouse Rondebosch
- Sportsmans Warehouse Tygervalley
- Sportsmans Warehouse Stellenbosch
- Hugenote High School Wellington
- NO NUMBER COLLECTION WILL TAKE PLACE ON RACE DAY.
- COMPULSORY DISPOSABLE CHIP: the purchase and use of a disposable chip at a cost of R25.00 is compulsory for all events except the 5km fun run/walk.
Please bring proof of your entry, (email confirmation, till slip or sms confirmation) with you to number collection at the store you selected on your entry form.
TOP EVENTS COMPULSORY DISPOSABLE TIMING CHIP
- A Top Events Disposable timing chip will be placed on the front of your race number and covered by a foam strip on the back.
- PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE THESE. IF YOU DO YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE AN OFFICIAL TIME.
- The strip is to prevent water and body fluids from affecting the chip signal. Please do not bend or fold your race number as this could affect the antennae and also the signal capability of the chip. There will be a results/photo look up area once you have exited the finish tunnels.
- For all results or result queries please visit www.topevents.co.za or call (021) 511 7130 or email email@example.com.
Wellington Athletic Club
How to Enter?
Enter online at www.safarihalfmarathon.co.za (should you have any enquiries about entering online, please contact Top Events on (021) 511 7130 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.) Closing date for online entries, is midnight on Sunday 14th April 2019
Please note if payment is not received within 72 hours of entry, your entry will be deleted.
Complete your entry form and fax it along with your deposit slip to (021) 510 7230. Closing date for fax entries is Thursday 7th April 2019.
3. IN STORE ENTRIES
Hand deliver your entry form and cash to a cashier in any of the Sportsmans Warehouse stores marked below. You will receive two till slips, one to be stapled onto your entry form and the other serves as proof of your entry. Please bring this with you to number collection. Closing date for in-store entries 7th April 2019.
o Sportsmans Warehouse Canal Walk o Sportsmans Warehouse Tokai
o Sportsmans Warehouse Rondebosch o Sportsmans Warehouse Tygervalley
o Sportsmans Warehouse Sea Point o Sportsmans Warehouse West Coast
o Sportsmans Warehouse Somerset Mall o Sportsmans Warehouse Stellenbosch
4. ENTRY FEES ARE NON REFUNDABLE AND WILL BE DONATED TO CHARITY.
5. NO ENTRIES WILL BE TAKEN AT NUMBER COLLECTION OR ON RACE DAY FOR THE 21.1KM OR 10KM EVENTS.
6. NO UPGRADES, DOWNGRADES OR SUBSTITUTIONS WILL BE ALLOWED AFTER THE CLOSING DATE – 7TH APRIL 2019
Event Contact Information
Visited 14956 times, 1 Visit today