- Age category tags must be worn (front and back) and visible for the entire race to be eligible for any age category prize including Juniors.
- Juniors (born in 2001 or later) wearing a senior or junior license must display category tags “J”, to qualify for age group prizes.
- Minimum age on race day for 10 km is 14 years.
- Participants must obey instructions of marshals and traffic officers.
- Licensed athletes must compete in official club colours and display unaltered license numbers, valid for 2020, on the front and back of running vests. In addition to entering the race, unlicensed participants must purchase a temporary license, which must be worn on the chest.
- In addition to Overall (Open) prizes, participants will only be eligible for an age category prize in the age category they enter. Corresponding numerical age category tags must be worn on the front and back of running vests. Participants may enter the age category corresponding to their chronological age or any younger category down to senior.
- Temporary licenses will be available at registration and must be worn on the chest. When registering, participants must complete and hand in the tear-off strip from the number in order to be eligible to compete. Temporary licensed participants are eligible for individual age category prizes, provided they enter the relevant age group, wear the category appropriate age tags and provide proof of age. Temporary licensed athletes must run in clothing without advertising
- Entry cards must be carried for the duration of the race and handed in at the results board at the Finish. Participants to produce their finishing card when asked to do so by a race official.
- No personal seconding will be permitted except at official refreshment stations.
- Wheelchair athletes must please contact the organizers timeously to discuss arrangements for their participation.
- The time limit for 10 km is 1 hour 40 min, and Fun Run 1 hour 30 min.
- The organizers and sponsors accept no responsibility for injury or accident resulting from participation in the race.
- Any ruling by the race committee will be considered final.
- No race numbers will be issued.
- The use of players with headphones is NOT allowed and may result in disqualification.
- Entries will be accepted at the start venue from 17:15 to 18:30 for the 10 km and Fun Run.
- Prize giving ceremony at 20:15, which includes the awarding of lucky draw prizes.
- Tog bag area provided at runners’ own risk. Please don’t leave any valuables in your car.
- Race Results will be available on www.wpa.org.za
- Do not litter. Dispose of sachets and cups responsibly by using the boxes provided or carrying them to the finish. Report offenders to the referees. We support #run clean campaign.
The Sanlam 10km Road Race takes place on the 12th of February 2020 (starting venue: Sanlam Head Office in Bellville). Distance options: 5km & 10km.
Distances & Entry Fee:
10km Seniors – R70
10km Juniors – R50
Temp. Licenses (Seniors/Juniors) – R40/R25
5km Fun Run/Walk – R25
Venue: Sanlam Head Office, Bellville
10km – 18:15
5km fun run – 18:30
- Medals to first 1500 finishers in the 10 km race and 300 medals for the fun run.
- Many Lucky Draw prizes
Sanlam Road Running Club
How to Enter?
Entries will be accepted at the start venue from 17:15 to 18:30 for the 10 km and Fun Run.
Visited 5261 times, 1 Visit today