- Licensed athletes should run in club colours and must display their 2019 license numbers
- Unlicensed runners must purchase a temporary license number which must be worn on the front of their vest
- Entry cards must be carried throughout the race and will be collected at the finish
- Failure to produce a card could result in disciplinary action
- Entry cards together with a position card must be exchanged for a medal and Niel Joubert wine (Juniors excluded) to the first 1000 finishers
- Temporary license holders when registering must compete and hand in the tear-off strip from the number in order to be eligible to compete.
- All entrants under 18 years must have the consent of their parents/guardians to participate in this event
- In addition to Overall (Open) prizes, participants will only be eligible for an age category prize in the age category they enter
- Corresponding numerical age category tags must be worn on the front and back of the vests
- Participants may enter the age category corresponding to their chronological age or any younger category down to senior
- Temporary licensed participants are eligible for age category prizes provided they enter the relevant age group, wear the appropriate age tags and provide proof of age
- Juniors born 2000 or later wearing a junior or senior license must display age tags “J” to qualify for age group prizes
- No race numbers will be issued
- The use of music players with headphones is not allowed and may result in disqualification
- Do not litter. Dispose of sachets and cups responsibly by using the boxes provided or carrying them to the Finish. Report offenders to the referees. #RUN CLEAN
- Unfortunately, no wheelchairs will be allowed on the route. Detailed rules are available on www.wpa.org.za or on request from the organizers or the WPA office.
- The race is run according to the rules of the IAAF, ASA, and WPA.
- All registered athletes must wear 2 valid license numbers. Unregistered runners must purchase a Temporary Licence that must be worn on the front of their running vest.
- No personal seconding will be permitted except at official refreshment stations.
• There will be 2 water stations and 1 Coke & water station
• Time limit: 1 hour 45 minutes
• Tog bag facilities will be available at your own risk on race day. The organizers will take reasonable care with the bags, but no responsibility whatsoever is accepted for loss or damage
• Age restriction: 15 years on race day
• The organizers, sponsors, and WPA accept no responsibility for any accident, injury or loss resulting from participation in the race or any other activity on the farm
• Prize-giving at 20:15
The Sanlam Niel Joubert Plaaswedloop takes place on the 27th of November 2019, from Klein Simonsvlei Farm (Klapmuts). The distance is 12.3km.
- A running experience equal to none. ’n “Plaasparty” soos net die Bolanders kan
- DJ will provide music / Food and drinks for sale
- Beer garden / Niel Joubert wines for sale
Distance & Entry Fee:
Seniors (Licensed/Unlicensed) – R70/110
Juniors (Licensed/Unlicensed) – R50/75
Venue: Klein Simonsvlei Farm, Klapmuts
Start Time: 6:15pm
Discipline: OffRoad Running
Only one access road to the farm which will be closed at 18:00 – The time limit is strictly 1 hour and 45 minutes – The time limit cannot be extended due to a lack of daylight and the profile of the route – It is a gravel road.
Sanlam Road Running Club
How to Enter?
No Pre-entry. Enter from 16:15 at Venue
Kobus Nel - 084 563 5947
Visited 6078 times, 1 Visit today