- The Spartan Harriers Half Marathon is run in accordance with the rules of ASA and WPA.
- The Spartan Harriers Half Marathon half marathon & 10km races are open to all licenced and non-licenced runners of 16 years and older for the Half Marathon and 14 years and older for the 10km.
- Licenced runners should wear club colours. Official event race number to be worn on the front. Registered athletes must wear their ASA licences on the front and back of their vest. The race number must be worn on the front of the vest, partially covering the ASA licence, so that the ASA licence sponsor remains visible. Temporary licenced runners must wear the race number on the front of their vest and the temporary licence on the back.
- Temporary licences are available at R60 for the 21.1km and R40 for the 10km Senior and R25 for 10km Junior events.
- Temporary licenced participants are eligible for age category prizes provided they enter the relevant age group, wear the appropriate age tags and provide proof of age.
- Unlicenced runners must wear plain clothes (no advertising permitted). Official event race number to be worn on the front and the temporary licence number on the back.
- Personal seconding is not permitted except at official refreshment stations. Private vehicles are requested not to follow the athletes on the route.
- In addition to overall (Open) prizes, participants will only be eligible for an age category prize in the age category they enter. Corresponding numerical age category tags must be worn on the front and back of their club vest. Participants may enter the age category corresponding to their chronological age or any younger category up to senior.
- Proof of age is required for category prizes.
- Club colours must be worn to qualify for team prizes.
- Juniors (born from 2001 or later) wearing a junior or a senior licence must wear an age category tag to qualify for age group prizes.
- No swopping of race numbers as the race number is linked to your name and finishing time and may result in your disqualification.
- Each race distance has a different race number range and colour with your data captured electronically. Do not transfer between races without notifying the race organisers.
- All traffic officers and marshals must be obeyed.
- The race organisers reserve the right to accept or reject any entry.
- Foreign athletes must comply with IAAF rule 4.2 and all relevant race and domestic rules. The athletes must be able to produce the letter from his/her federation permitting participation on race day.
- The entry fee is non-refundable.
- Kilometre markers will be placed at each kilometre mark.
- Refreshment stations will be situated approximately every 4km along the route.
- Medals will be handed to all finishers.
- There will be tog bag facilities. Bags dropped off at runners’ own risk. The organiser will be not be held responsible for any loss or damages.
- Toilets will be available at the start and finish.
- Prizegiving will take place at 09h30.
- Results will be available at www.topevents.co.za and www.wpa.org.za
- The use of music players with headphones is not allowed and may result in disqualification.
- Temporary licence holders when registering must complete and hand in the tear-off strip from the number in order to be eligible to compete.
- Do not litter. Dispose of sachets and cups responsibly by using the boxes provided or carrying them to the Finish. Report offenders to the referees.#RunClean.
- Detailed rules are available on www.wpa.org.za or on request from the organisers or the WPA office.
- Wheelchair athletes must please contact the organisers timeously to discuss arrangements for their participation.
The 21.1km race is made up of undulating hills and superb scenery and winds its way through the picturesque areas of Firgrove and Constantia. The 10km race is now separate from the 21.1km race, and it’s a fast and flat route.
The Spartan Harriers Firgrove Challenge takes place 1 February 2020, Cape Academy on Firgrove Road in Constantia. Distance options: 21.1km, 10km & 6km fun run.
Distance & Entry Fee:
21.1km – R135 (Unlicenced = R195)
10km Run/Walk – R95 (Unlicenced = R135)
10km Junior – R75 (Unlicenced = R100)
6km Fun Run – R65
T-shirt – R235
A service fee is charged when entering online
Venue: Cape Academy for Mathematics, Science & Technology Centre, Cnr of Firgrove & Spaanschemat Road, Constantia
21.1km – 05:45 am
10km Run – 05:50 am
10km Walk – 06:10 am
6km Fun Run – 07:15 am
Prize Giving: 09:30 am
Cut off time:
21.1km – 09:15 am
10km Run – 08:00 am
10kmWalk – 08:30 am
6km Fun Run – 09:00 am
21.1km – 16 YRS+
10km Run – 14 YRS+
Number collection for fax, in-store, and online entries will take place on Friday 31st January 2020 from 10h00 – 18h00 at:
o Sportsmans Warehouse Rondebosch
o Sportsmans Warehouse Tygervalley
o Sportsmans Warehouse Tokai
o Sportsmans Warehouse Sea Point
How to Enter?
ONLINE: Enter online at www.topevents.co.za (for enquiries, please contact Top Events: (021) 511 7130 or email@example.com). Closing date: Midnight on Sunday 26th January 2020. Please note if payment is not received within 72 hours of entry, your entry will be deleted.
FAX: Complete your entry form and fax it along with your deposit slip to (021) 510 7230. Closing date: Sunday 19th January 2020.
Hand delivers your entry form and cash entry fee to a cashier in any of the Sportsman’s Warehouse stores marked below.
You will receive 2 till slips, one to be stapled onto your entry form and the other as proof of your entry.
Please bring this with you to the number collection. Closing date: Sunday 19th January 2020.
You can enter at the following Sportsmans Warehouse stores in the Western Cape:
• Sportsmans Warehouse Canal Walk
• Sportsmans Warehouse Rondebosch
• Sportsmans Warehouse Somerset Mall
• Sportsmans Warehouse Tokai
• Sportsmans Warehouse Tygervalley
• Sportsmans Warehouse West Coast
• Sportsmans Warehouse Sea Point
• Sportsmans Warehouse Stellenbosch
NO entries will be taken at number collection or on race day.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE INDEMNITY SECTION NEEDS TO BE SIGNED IN ORDER FOR YOUR ENTRY TO BE PROCESSED.
Entry fees are non-refundable and will be donated to charity if an entry is canceled before race day.
Michael Adams - 0832965953 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Visited 5694 times, 5 Visits today