- Licensed runners must wear either 2019/2020 license numbers (front and back), and should wear club colours.
- Runners who purchase a temporary license must wear them on the front of their vest or t-shirt. Temporary licenced athletes must run in clothing without advertising. They are eligible for age category prizes provided they wear the appropriate age category tags and can supply proof of age.
- Minimum age: 15 years of age for the 15km and 14 years for the 10km Walk.
- No personal seconding will be permitted, except at official refreshment stations.
- Cut-off times: 15km—2 hours 15min 10km Walk—1hr 45min. 4km—1hr
- Entry cards must be in the athlete’s possession during the race and handed in at the results board at the Finish.
- For safety reasons, runners must run on the left-hand side of the road both out and return, unless otherwise directed by marshals. Failure to comply might result in disqualification.
- Prizegiving will be held at 08h30.
- In addition to Overall (Open) prizes, participants will only be eligible for an age category prize in the age category they enter. Corresponding numerical age category tags must be worn on the front and back of their club vest.
- Participants may enter the age category corresponding to their chronological age or any younger category down to senior. All age groups will count towards Open team prizes.
- Juniors born 2001 or later must display age tags “J “to qualify for age group prizes.
- Club colors must be worn to qualify for team prizes.
- The participant indemnifies WPA, the club, it’s members, sponsors and organizers of any injury, damage, loss or illness which may occur during the event.
- Fun Run—participants younger than 9 years must be accompanied by an adult.
- No race numbers will be issued. All registered athletes must wear two valid license numbers. Unregistered participants must purchase a Temporary Licence which must be worn on the front of the vest.
- The use of music players with headphones is not allowed and may result in disqualification.
- Wheelchair athletes must please contact the organizers timeously to discuss arrangements for their participation.
- Temporary license holders when registering must complete and hand in the tear-off strip from the number to be eligible to compete.
- #RunClean—Do not litter. Dispose of sachets and cups responsibly by using the boxes provided or carrying them to the Finish. Report offenders to the referees.
- Detailed rules are available on www.wpa.org.za or on request from the organizers or the WPA office.
Stragglers Beachcomber 15km, 10km & Beach Fun Run (4 km). Very flat and fast. The races start at the Pavilion, run along Cannon Road and finish again at the Pavilion.
Distance & Entry Fee:
4km fun run– R20
10km Walk Junior (Unlicensed/Licensed) – R30/55
10km Walk Senior (Unlicensed/Licensed) – R50/90
15km (Unlicensed/Licensed) – R80/130
15km 70+ free entry
Venue: Strandfontein Pavilion, Strandfontein
15km – 6:30 am
10km walk – 6:45 am
4km beach run – 7:30 am
Tog Bag Facility: Provided (Stored at your own risk)
Parking: Lots of safe parking, Security on Site
Toilets and showers: Available
How to Enter?
Enter/register on race day at the Pavilion, from 5:30am until 10 minutes before the event.
Trevor - 078 083 0676
Visited 6454 times, 1 Visit today