- The Lighthouse Ten Run/Walk is run in accordance with the rules of ASA & WPA.
- Runners must obey traffic officers, race marshals and race officials at all times.
- Minimum age on race day is 14 years old.
- No personal seconding permitted except at official refreshment stations.
- The cut off time for the race is 20h45.
- Licenced runners should run in club colours with a valid licence for 2020 to be worn on the front and back of the vest, or purchase a temporary licence to be worn on the front of the vest.
- Juniors (born from 2001 onwards) wearing a junior or senior licence must display “J” category tags to qualify for age group prizes. Juniors will also count towards open team prizes.
- Race numbers will not be issued, racecards will be used for timing and to be placed in the Finish Board after the race.
- Temporary licenced runners must wear the temporary licence on the front of their vest.
- The use of music players with headphones is not allowed and may result in disqualification.
- Do not litter. Dispose of sachets responsibly by using the boxes provided or carry them to the finish. Report offenders to the referees. #RunClean
- Refreshment stations will be available on route and at the finish area.
- Entry cards need to be completed before the race and must be carried throughout the race and handed in at the finish.
- Participants in this event do so at their own risk and release and discharge the organizers, sponsors, provincial and national athletics bodies and all persons assisting in staging the event from any responsibility, liability or costs relating to any injury, loss or damage of whatever nature, however, caused, arising directly or indirectly from their participation in the event.
- Detailed rules are available on www.wpa.org.za.
- Wheelchair athletes must please contact the organizers timeously to discuss arrangements for their participation.
- Eats and refreshments will be on sale.
- In addition to overall (open) prizes, participants will only be eligible for an age category prize in the age category they enter. Corresponding numerical age category tags must be worn on the front and back of their club vest. Participants may enter the age category corresponding to their chronological age or any younger category down to senior.
- Temporary licensed participants are eligible for age category prizes provided they enter the relevant age group, wear the appropriate age tags and provide proof of age.
- To qualify for team prizes, athletes must wear full club colours and participate with a permanent license.
- Age category tags must be worn (front and back) and visible for the entire race to be eligible for any age category prize.
- Prize-Giving will take place at 20h30.
- There will be a tog bag facility for use at the athlete’s own risk.
- As it gets very dark for the back runners, we suggest the use of a headlamp.
The Crazy Store Lighthouse 10km Night Race is a nice midweek evening run that takes place on the 4th of March 2020, from Beach Road, Sea Point, opposite Winchester Mansions.ROUTE MAP
Distance & Entry Fee:
Adult 10km: Licensed/Unlicensed – R70/110
Junior 10km: Licensed/Unlicensed – R50/75
A 14% service fee is charged when entering online.
Venue: Beach Road, Sea Point, opposite Winchester Mansions
Start Time: 19H00
1. It will take place on race day from 15h00 at the venue.
2. Please bring your registration SMS with you to collect.
- Loads of lucky draw prizes to be won – Running caps to the first 2000 finishers!
- Nutribullets, Crazy Store vouchers, running shoes, and backpacks!
Walmers Athletic Club
How to Enter?
At www.topevents.co.za. For enquiries, contact Top Events: 021 511 7130
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for online entries: Midnight, 27th February 2020
Entries will be accepted on race day from 15h00
Visited 11537 times, 1 Visit today