Trail Girl 2-day run, a FUN weekend of trail running with 199 other women, let your hair down, laugh, shout, cry, just be yourself. Strictly for Women (and Girls) only, Enjoy running on pristine trails in the SANParks National Park and have FUN each evening after you had a great well deserve massage after your run and a lunch at the Hotel.
Date: 8 – 9 April 2017
Venue: Wilderness Hotel, Wilderness, Garden Route, Western Cape
The Wilderness Hotel is about a 45-minute drive to both Mossel Bay (west) and Knysna (east). During its time Wilderness has played host to many a celebrity and was a stop-over point for Princess Elizabeth during the Royal visit to South Africa in the 1940’s. In the late 1930’s, the Hotel was the location for the meetings of an organisation that today has become known as South African Tourism.
Event Format: Pairs and Solo’s
Day 1: 18km, Indigenous forests, jeep tracks, views of Garden Route Dam
Day 2: 18km, Coastline, indigenous forest, river trails, pontoon crossing, board walks
Entry Fees: All meals are included from Dinner Friday to Lunch Sunday. All entries includes a 30 min Massage on Saturday. 200 entries allowed
Please note, strictly woman only event
Transfer from George Airport: R300 pp per transfer (please email on firstname.lastname@example.org us if you are flying to George Airport) Pick up times will be every 2 hours from Friday afternoon 13H00 until 17H00 and on Sunday at 12H00. We have also teamed up with CarTrip. See info below.
Payment Plan available: Pay 50% when entering online and the other 50% anytime before 31 December 2016. No refund of the deposit will be done. Same cancellation rules apply as stated below.
Trail Girl 2 Day run, included in the entry fee:
– 2 day challenge in the unspoilt beauty of the Garden Route. Each day will be unique of spectacular trails through beautiful Indigenous Forests, Coastline and Mountains of the Garden Route.
– 2 Stages of pure trail running on well-marked routes in pristine areas that are usually not accessible to runners
– Unforgettable trail running along the scenic Garden Route Hiking Trails and Indigenous Forest
– Bus Transport
– Permission and Fees from Sanparks (R160 pp) and Cape Pine (R40pp) to use their area
– Events fees to Sanparks and Cape Pine for using their areas each day
– All Meals from Friday evening to Sunday Lunch
– Official Race apparel
– 30 minute Massage on Saturday after your run
– Goodie bag
– Setup of Race village which will include massages & entertainment
– Sweeper each day
– Well stocked water tables each day
– Chill zone at Hotel from 11pm every day where you will be serve drinks and snacks
– Well stocked Bar and Restaurant where you can buy drinks
– 24 hour medical & emergency services on standby
– 24 hour security in the Hotel
– Free Prize giving lunch
– Decent Finishers medal
– Trophies winners; Lucky draws
– Generosity and the great atmosphere at Wilderness Hotel
– Professional Photographers and Videographer on route; slide and video shows in the evenings
Option 1 : Solo entry, no accommodation, all meals – R3400.
Option 2. Solo Entry, 2 nights single accommodation, all meals – R5200
Option 3 : Solo Entry, 2 nights sharing accommodation in Double room, all meals – R4600
Option 4 : Solo Entry, 2 night sharing accommodation in Quad room, all meals – R4500
Option 5 : Team entry, no accommodation, all meals – R7600
Option 6: Team entry, 2 nights accommodation sharing in a double room, all meals – R9200
Option 7: Team entry, 2 nights accommodation sharing in a Quad room (two separate rooms), all meals -R9000 per Team
Extra Technical Team T Shirt (optional above the Race garment): R400pp
Transport from George Airport: R300pp
Compulsory Equipment (for your own safety):
As a precaution, we would like you to carry the following compulsory equipment with you during your run. It is for your own personal safety. Please adhere to the following:
- Cell phone (on roaming please)
- zip lock bag to keep phone dry
- Space blanket
- Long Thermal base layer (pants and top)
- Emergency food
- Water bottles
- Sunscreen (factor 50)
- Outer shell jacket (waterproof)
- First aid kit
How to get there:
Wilderness Hotel, Garden route, Wilderness, 6560. 15km from George, 2km from Wilderness village, 410km from Port Elizabeth and 450km from Cape Town. The closest airport is at George, where car hire facilities are available. Transfers from the airport can be arranged.
Organized by TriSport
PO Box 1232 Great Brak River, Western Cape, South Africa
083 662 2022
About the Organizers
TriSport specializes in Event Management, Coaching, Training Clinics, Sport Travel, Sport Tourism and Sport Retail Gear.
How to Register?
Online entry at TriSport
Registration and Late Entries:
Pre-entries for the event will close on 15 March 2017. No late entries will be accepted. Registration for the event will be Friday 7 April 2017 from 16:00 – 18:00 with a compulsory race briefing afterwards.
Visited 1880 times, 1 Visit today