Address: Atlantis, Cape Town, South Africa
- The race is run according to the rules of ASA and WPA minimum age on race day is: 21km=16 years.
- Participants must obey instructions of marshals and/traffic officers.
- It is compulsory for entrants to register.
- No personal seconding will be permitted, except at official refreshment stations.
- Time limit: 21km=3 hours 15 minutes starting at (6h00).
- The organizers as well as WPA accept no responsibility for any accident or injury resulting for participating in this event.
- Ruling by the Jury of Appeal will be considered final and failure to comply with any rule may lead to disqualification.
- The use of music players with headphones is not allowed and may result in disqualification
- Temporary licenses will be available at registration. When registering, participants must complete and hand in the tear-off strip from the number in order to be eligible to compete.
- Do not litter. Dispose of sachets and cups responsibly by using the boxes provided or carrying them to the finish.
- Report offenders to the referees. # RUN CLEAN.
- Detailed rules are available on www.wpa.org.za or on request from the organizers of the WPA office.
21km RACE RULES
- The race is run according to the rules of ASA and WPA.
- Entry cards must be in the athlete’s possession during the race and must be handed in at the results board at the finish. Any participant not able to produce a race entry card when asked to do so by a race official maybe disqualified.
- In addition to overall (open) prizes, participants will only be eligible for an age category prize in the age category they enter.
- Age category tags must be worn (front and back) and visible for the entire race to be eligible for any age category prize.
- Corresponding numerical age category tags must be worn (front and back) and visible for the entire race to be eligible for any age category price. Participants may enter the age category corresponding to their chronological age or any younger category down to senior.
- Temporary licensed participants are eligible for age category prizes provided they enter the relevant age group, wear the appropriate age tags and provide proof of age.
- Juniors born 2000 wearing a junior or senior license must display category tags “J” to qualify for age group prizes and juniors will count towards Open team prize money.
- Licensed athletes should wear club colours. Full club colours must be worn to qualify for team prizes.
- No race numbers (bibs) will be issued. Registered athletes must wear their ASA licenses on front and back of their vest and the ASA license sponsor remains visible. Unregistered participants must purchase a Temporary License which must be worn on the front of the vest.
- Try to arrive early and look out for direction indicators and marshals
- Race results will be available on www.wpa.org.za
- Tog bag facilities will be available at your own risk. Do not leave valuables in your bag.
- First aid will be available on the route and at the finish
- Water at every 4km and Coke at every other station
The Velocity Half Marathon takes place on the 14th of December 2019, from Atlantis Multi-Purpose Sports Centre. Organized by Velocity Athletic Club.
Distance & Entry Fee:
21.1km – R110
Temp. License – R60
Venue: Atlantis Multi-Purpose Sports Centre, Christopher Starke Street
Start Time: 6 am
Discipline: Road Running
Prize Giving: 09h45
Medals: All finishers within the cut off time will receive a medal.
Velocity Athletic Club
How to Enter?
Enter at www.topevents.co.za online entries close on 9 December 2019 @ midnight and a 14 % admin fee will be applicable.
MANUAL ENTRIES / REGISTRATION
Entry forms can be downloaded from WPA at www.wpa.org.za or Email entry and proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
DIRECT DEPOSIT: VELOCITY ATHLETIC CLUB, NEDBANK, (BRANCH 198765), SAVINGS ACC 2004 679 263 Entry closing date for E: mail entries 9 December 2019.
On race day entries will be taken from 4h00 until 5h50 at Multipurpose Sports Centre.
Visited 5930 times, 1 Visit today