Address: Somerset West, Cape Town
- Entrants for the marathon must be 20 years or older and for the half marathon 16 years or older on race day, Saturday 9 November 2019.
- No changing from the marathon to the half marathon or vice versa will be allowed.
- One race number (bib) will be issued. Registered athletes must wear their 2019 ASA licences on the front and back of their vest. The race number must be worn on the front of the vest, partially covering the ASA licence, so that the ASA licence sponsor remains visible. Temporary licenced runners must wear the race number on the front of their vest and the temporary licence on the back.
- The race number and temporary timing chip are linked to your name and finishing time – Allowing another person to compete with your number will result in disqualification of the other person and your exclusion from the next year’s event.
- No personal seconding or bicycles will be allowed on the route.
- The time limit will be 6 hours for the marathon and 3½ hours for the half marathon.
- Social walkers are welcome to enter the half marathon.
- In addition to Overall (Open) prizes, participants will only be eligible for an age category prize in the age category they enter. Corresponding numerical age category tags must be worn on the front and back of their vests. Participants may enter the age category corresponding to their chronological age or any younger category down to senior.
- Temporary licensed participants are eligible for age category prizes provided they enter the relevant age group, wear the appropriate age tags and provide proof of age.
- Juniors (born in 2000 or later) wearing a junior or senior licence, must display age tags to qualify for age group prizes.
- Licenced athletes should wear club colours. Temporary licenced athletes must run in clothing without advertising . No ambush marketing is permitted.
- Wheelchair athletes must please contact the organisers timeously to discuss arrangements for their participation.
- The use of music players with headphones is not allowed and may result in disqualification.
- Marshals, traffic and any policy officials must be obeyed at all times. If participants are instructed by any race, medical, traffic or police official to stop, they shall do so immediately.
- Temporary licence athletes must complete and hand in the tear-off strip from the number in order to be eligible to compete. Boxes for this purpose will be available at registration points.
- This is a Modern Athlete #RunClean event! Do not litter. Dispose of sachets and cups responsibly by using the boxes provided or carrying them to the finish. Report offenders to the referees.
- Detailed rules are available on wpa.org.za or on request from the organisers or the WPA office.
This is Helderberg’s showpiece, run on a beautiful undulating route through the wine lands of Stellenbosch and Somerset West. The race starts next to the Markotter Sports Grounds in Stellenbosch, moves onto the Strand Road (R44) and follows the Polkadraai Road towards Kuils River for about five kilometres. These early stages are undulating but easy. At the Vlottenburg turn-off lies the biggest hill of the route, a four-kilometre climb to the top of Vlaeberg, 160 metres above sea level. The following three kilometres down the Vlaeberg Road could tempt you, so be careful.
Do not run too fast down this section; rather save your legs for the hilly second half of the route. Just past the 15-kilometre mark, the route turns left into Vlottenburg Road and two kilometres further on turns right into Annadale Road. Here you run to the well known ‘Mooiberge Farmstall’ near the 22-kilometre mark. This seven-kilometre stretch is undulating. From the farm stall, the race is run on the double carriage Strand Road, almost to the outskirts of Somerset West. The turning point is near the 29-kilometre mark, at the Steynsrust flyover, after which you wind your way back along the same carriageway. The route once again passes the ‘Mooiberge Farmstall’ and goes past Louw se Bos, the caravan park and onward to Stellenbosch. The hills are rolling and challenging in these final stages, so is the incessant oncoming highway traffic.
The Sportsmans Warehouse Winelands Marathon takes place on the 9th of November 2019, starting from Eikestad Primary School (Stellenbosch). Distance options: 21.1km & 42.2km.
This event is a qualifier for the Two Oceans & Comrades Marathon.
Distance & Entry Fee:
5km – R20
21.1km – R121.50
42.2km – R171.50
Temp. License (21.1km/42.2km) – R60/70
Note: 14% administration fee for online entries
Moisture management T-Shirt – R215
Venue: Eikestad Primary School, Doornbosch Road, Krigeville, Stellenbosch
42.2km – 5:30 am
21.1km – 5:50 am
5km fun run – 6:30 am
Cut Off Time:
42.2km – 11:30 am
21.1km – 09:20 am
Prize Giving: Prize Giving will take place between 11:30 and 12:00.
At Friday 8th November 2019, 09:00 – 18:00 at the following Sportsmans Warehouse locations:
Rondebosch, Tygervalley, Somerset West & Stellenbosch.
Discipline: Road Running
Tog Bag Facilities: Bags dropped off at runners’ own risk and must be collected by 13h00 on race day.
Parking is provided for 1200 vehicles at various venues in close proximity to the race venue. Security officials are on hand, and endeavour to keep the vehicles as safe as possible. However, runners making use of these parking facilities must ensure that they do not leave any valuable items or personal belongings in their vehicles. Parking marshals are on hand to direct race participants to these parking venues. Please obey and respect these parking marshals. Their assistance is invaluable in ensuring that all participants arrive at the race venue on time. Runners are requested to provide adequate time en route to the race to ensure that they arrive on time for the start of the event. Please note that the owners of vehicles that park illegally will be held liable by the local Traffic Officials.
How to Enter?
Enter online at www.topevents.co.za. Should you have any inquiries about entering online, please contact Top Events on (021) 511 7130 or email
firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for online entries and payment is midnight on 31 October 2019. Please note if payment is not received within 72
hours of entry, your entry will be removed from the system and you will have to enter again.
Complete your entry form and fax it along with your deposit slip to (021) 510 7230. Closing date for fax entries is 31 October 2019.
Hand deliver your entry form and cash to a cashier at any of the Sportsmans Warehouse stores listed below. You will receive two till slips, one to be stapled
onto your entry form and the other serves as proof of your entry. Please bring this with you to number collection. Closing date for in-store entries is 31 October 2019.
In-Store entries can be done at:
• Sportsmans Warehouse Somerset West
• Sportsmans Warehouse Tygervalley
• Sportsmans Warehouse Rondebosch
• Sportsmans Warehouse Stellenbosch
Please note, the indemnity section needs to be signed in order for your entry to be processed. Entry fees are non-refundable.
No upgrades, downgrades and/or substitutions will be allowed at number collection or after 31 October 2019.
Visited 12157 times, 1 Visit today