- ROUTE: The event is over a 21.1 km circular course through Hillcrest and Winston Park. The marathon runners complete 2 laps. There will be 7 refreshment tables along each lap.
- TIME OF EVENTS: Runners: 42.2km: 05:00 (6hr cut-off) Runners / Walkers: 21.1km: 05:00 (3hr 30min cut-off)
- OFFICIAL TIMING: The race will be timed by ChampionChip. All entrants who do not own their own ChampionChip must purchase or rent one from ChampionChip. The ChampionChip must be registered in the runner’s name and NOT belong to someone else. Wearing someone else’s ChampionChip will lead to disqualification. NO CHIP=NO RESULT AND NO PRIZES.
- NOTE 1: No Athlete will be permitted to start the second lap after 3 hours of running time.
- NOTE 2: Any Athlete who has not reached the 37km mark (5km to go) by 10 am must withdraw from the event and will be transported to the finish as Ethekwini Metro Police will be re-opening the road to normal traffic at that time.
- NOTE 3: The Marathon is a Comrades and Two Oceans qualifier. ChampionChip will automatically submit entrant’s results to Comrades – individual entrant’s responsibility to confirm.
- NOTE 4: Temporary Licences valid for 21.1km & 42.2km’s. ASA Rule 25.5.15: Temporary licensed athletes are not covered by a national insurance policy.
- NOTE 5: Prize giving will take place at 8.30 am for 21.1km and 10.30 am for 42.2km and proof of age will be required for age category prizes.
- NOTE 6: Holders of temporary licenses will be eligible for individual prizes and may claim age category prizes in keeping with IAAF and ASA Rule 25.5.13.
- NOTE 7: Marathon entrants may finish only the half-marathon if desired but will not qualify for half-marathon prizes. Half-marathon entrants may not complete a second lap to complete the marathon.
- NOTE 8: No pacing or personal seconding will be permitted in this event.
- NOTE 9: Foreign Athletes must abide by IAAF Rules 4.2, 22.1 and 142, as well as ASA Rule 9.
- NOTE 10: Marshalls, traffic officials and technical officials must be obeyed by athletes.
- START AND FINISH: The events will start at the corner Hospital/Old Main Rd Hillcrest – see website for map – www.hillcrestvillagers.co.za.The events will finish at the Hillcrest Villagers Club, 5 Crooked Lane, Hillcrest. Tog bag facilities will be provided at the owner’s risk.
- ENTRIES: This is a PRE-ENTRY EVENT ONLY. Absolutely no late entries will be permitted.
- Race Number Collection takes place on Saturday 8 February 2020 from 10 am to 5 pm, and Sunday 9 February 2020 from 3.30 am to 4.30 am (no exceptions) at Hillcrest Villagers Club. NB: Road Closure from 4:30 am on Race Day. Minimum age on race day is 16 years for 21.1km and 20 years for 42.2km
- Entry fees are not refundable for any reason whatsoever including cancellation of the event. Entries are NOT transferable to other athletes. No substitutions permitted.
- Free entry to those who are 70 years of age or older. (ChampionChip and temporary license fees still apply).
- DRESS RULES: Club colours must be worn by licensed athletes.
- Race numbers must be worn on the front of your vest / crop top
- A provincial licence must be worn front and back. Temporary licence must be worn on the front of your vest or crop top.
- New ASA/KZNA Age Category (60mm to 80mm) & “W” Walker Tags to be worn on front & back of the vest and must be clearly visible in order to qualify for category prizes.
- ASA rule 22: Junior Athletes (19 years or younger on 31st December 2020) must wear a “J” on the upper front and back of vest or crop top in order to be eligible for prizes and must provide proof of age on race day.
- All temporary licensed entrants to wear neutral colours and to adhere to IAAF and ASA rules.
- Athletes may NOT replace ASA license numbers with race numbers under any circumstances. The race number must be placed so that the ASA license sponsor and the ASA Province/Year remains visible above the race number. The license numerals may be covered. Athletes who fail to adhere to this rule may be disqualified – refer to ASA Rule 26.1.7.
The 2020 Threshhold Hillcrest Marathon and Half Marathon, proudly hosted by Hillcrest Villagers A.C., will be the 41st edition of an event that is always one of the favourites on the KZN running calendar. With an exciting and vibrant title sponsor on board, the event will continue to provide a fresh and enjoyable experience for runners and walkers, while retaining its traditional two lap course through the picturesque tree lined route into Winston Park for the full marathon. Half marathon runners and walkers will do one lap.
Our marathon is again the first KZN Two Oceans and Comrades qualifier of 2020 and your result will automatically be submitted as your qualifying time for Comrades Marathon 2020. Any participant of any event who finishes within the generous cut-off times will receive a commemorative medal. All participants who register for the race will receive a “moisture management” shirt. Note that shirt sizes will be subject to availability.
The THRESHHold Hillcrest Marathon takes place on the 9th of February 2020, from Cnr Hospital/Old Main Rd in Hillcrest. Distance options: 21.1km & 42.2km.
The marathon serves as a qualifying event for the Two Oceans and Comrades Marathons.
Distance & Entry Fee:
21.1km Early Bird by 26 January 2020 – R200
21.1km by 2 February 2020 – R230
42.2km Early Bird by 26 January 2020 – R270
21.1km by 2 February 2020 – R300
Temp. License – R50
ChampionChip purchase R150/Event rental R50
Start Venue: Cnr Hospital/Old Main Rd, Hillcrest
Finish Venue: Hillcrest Villagers Club, 5 Crooked Lane, Hillcrest
21.1km & 42.2km – 5:00 am
Cut Off Times:
21.1km – 3 hrs 30 min
42.2km – 6 hrs
Min Age: Minimum age on race day is 16 years for 21km and 20 years for 42km
LITTER ZONES WILL BE ENFORCED AT ALL TABLES
Closing dates for entries:
Sunday 2nd February 2020 at midnight (or until entry cap is reached, whichever comes first)
NO RACEDAY / LATE ENTRIES / NO SUBSTITUTIONS
Race number collection:
Saturday 8 February 2020 from 10am – 5pm
Sunday 9 February 2020 from 3:30 am – 4.30 am (no exceptions) at Hillcrest Villagers Club.
Hillcrest Villagers Athletic Club
How to Enter?
Cash must accompany manual entry
Sportsmans Warehouse – Watercrest
The Durban Runner – Glenwood
Sportsmans Warehouse – Pavillion
Poobie Naidoo Sports – Pietermaritzburg
S.T.S Sport – Moses Mabhida Stadium
Visited 7595 times, 3 Visits today