- This race is run subject to KZNA and ASA and IAAF rules
- All participants must meet the minimum age limit on race day:
- 10km – 14 years
- 21.1km – 16 years
- 42.2km – 20 years
- Participants must wear their correct club colours and official 2020 license number on the front and back of their vest/crop top and be clearly visible
- In order to qualify for category prizes, category tags must be worn on the front and back of the vest/crop top and be clearly visible.
- Entrants must indicate on their entry form which category they are entering.
- Runners/Walkers using temporary licenses are legible for a category prize provided that category tags are worn.
- Walkers must display a “W” tag on the front and back of their vest/crop top.
- Foreign athletes must adhere to IAAF Rule 4.2 and 142 and ASA Rule 9 and 24
- Temporary licensed runners are to wear plain clothing without advertising with the number pinned to the front of the vest.
- Pacing and personal seconding in not allowed.
- Race officials, traffic officials, and marshals must be obeyed at all times.
- 60+ (on the race day) will not be charged an entry fee.
- Cut off times:
- 21.1km – 4hrs
- 42.2km – 6hrs
- Prizegiving will take place after the cut-offs.
The Tronox Marathon is a scenic and challenging marathon that starts with an out and back section through Empangeni. It then loops back past the start and heads out through the cane farms around town. Finally, runners head out on the old Mtubatuba road. Here the 21.1km runners turn back after a short loop and head back to Addison Park on a flattish section that will test those that ran too hard in the previous 18km. The marathoners now head out to their real test. Around 21km in the ascent starts up what is known in the area simply as “big hill” going past “groot boom”. This is a fairly steep ascent of roughly 2.5km that will tax the novice and Comrades pro alike. Thereafter follows a slight reprieve with a long easy downhill before the route undulates to the turn around point after the steel bridge. A mostly uphill return now follows back up the easier side of “big hill”, and then the route undulates back to Addison Park
- Tee shirts for the 1 st 150 online entries received on for the 21km and 42 km events.
- Caps for all 10km online entries.
- Medals to all finishers
- Plenty of spot prizes to be won
- Well stocked water tables every 3km
- Toilet and shower facilities available at start/finish
- Medical personnel available
- Secure parking and tog bag facilities
- Results will be available on www.umhlathuze-ac.co.za
The Tronox Marathon takes place on the 29th of March 2020, from Addison Park, Empangeni. Distance options: 42.2km, 21.1km, 10km & 5km fun run.
This event is a qualifier for the Comrades Marathon
Distances & Entry Fees:
42.2 km run – R220*
21.1 km run/walk – R150*
10 km run/walk – R80*
5 km run/walk – R20*
Venue: Addison Park, Empangeni
42.2km & 21.1km – 05H30
10km – 06H30
5km – 07H00
uMhlathuze Athletic Club
How to Enter?
Entries close on 24 March 2019, enter online at: www.msem.co.za (Only 5km entries will be taken on the day)
035 907 9473
Visited 8746 times, 3 Visits today