- Run in accordance with the rules of ASA and CGA.
- Proof of age to be produced on request.
- Marathon runners must be 20 years or older on race day.
- Half-Marathon runners must be 16 years or older on race day.
- 10km race runners must be 15 years or older on race day.
- Fun Run open to all age groups.
- No seconding allowed, as there are ample watering points.
- Registered athletes must be a member of a club affiliated to ASA and wear club colours.
- International athletes must provide a clearance letter from their country of origin to the referee in
the event of them winning a prize.
- Temporary licenced athletes must wear plain clothing.
- The issued race number must be worn throughout the race in front of the vest on top of 2020
Provincial licence number and the issued temporary licence number must be worn on the back
of the vest and the issued race number on the front of the vest.
- Only the top 3 positions for men and women are open. The rest of the categories are applicable to
athletes competing for these categories. Athletes must wear their age category tags on the back
and front of their vest, clearly visible.
- No walkers in the marathon.
- Wheelchair athletes are welcome to participate in 10km run/walk road race only.
- No rollerblades, skateboards or cyclists allowed on the route.
- Registered athletes must wear their club colours together with their 2020 provincial licence bib
on the back and front of their garment/vest with the insured race number on top of their provincial
licence bib not obscuring the sponsors’ names on their provincial bib number
- Regrettably, athletes are not allowed to participate with pets.
- Walkers competing for prize money must wear short pants. Any long pants covering the legs will
lead to disqualification.
- Entry fee is not refundable.
- All entrants participate at their own risk.
- Blatant running by any walker may lead to immediate disqualification.
- Walkers must wear their WALK tags.
- Three warnings may lead to disqualification.
- Team prizes: Only SA citizens or permanent residents will be eligible.
- All foreign athletes must comply with the rules of IAAF and ASA rule 142.2 and 4.2.
- All traffic officers and officials instructions to be obeyed.
- Athletes are only eligible for prizes if all information is completed on their race number, tear-off
- Athletes are only eligible for prizes in the race they have entered.
- Objections must be lodged within 30 minutes (before or after prize-giving) in writing to the chief
referee, accompanied by R500, which is refundable if the appeal is upheld.
- The organisers reserve the right to accept or reject any entry.
- No ear plugged devices allowed during the race, excluding hearing aid devices in contravention
of IAAF rule 144.2b may lead to disqualification.
- Foreign athletes are not allowed to run with an ASA Provincial licence and are required to purchase
a temporary licence or face disqualification. (Refer to IAAF rule 4.)
- Foreign athletes are not allowed to run in club colours unless such club exists in their country of
origin or they are in possession of a refugee status permit or are naturalised citizens of RSA.
(Refer to IAAF rule 4.)
The Township Marathon is run a flat and easy course, which passes some historic landmarks including Freedom Park and Walter Sisulu Square. The half marathon follows the same route as the 42.2km, apart from the final 3km, which is a gradual pull to the finish. The 10km follows part of the marathon route, a slow pull until the 4km mark, before it turns back along the same route, a gradual downward slope towards the finish.
The 25th Township Marathon takes place on 23 February 2020, from Eldorado Park Stadium. Distance options: 42.2km, 21.1km, 10km & 4.5km fun run.
This event is a Two Oceans & Comrades Qualifier.
Distance & Entry Fee
42.2km – R240 (late entry = R280)
42.2km Grandmasters 60 Yrs+ – R 120
21.1km – R 190 (late entry = R210)
21.1km Grandmasters 60 Yrs+ – R 100
10km Run/Walk – R 120 (late entry = R150)
10km Run/Walk Grandmasters 60 Yrs+ – R 60
4.5km Fun Run / Walk – R 50
Venue: Eldorado Park Stadium Cumming Road Eldorado Park
42.2 , 21.1 & 10km Run – 6:00 am
10km Walk – 06:10 am
4.5km Fun Run/Walk – 06:30
Cut off time: 12:00 noon
Number collection & late entries:
Saturday 22 February from 9 am to 4 pm &
Sunday 23 February from 4 am at Eldorado Park Stadium.
• Please Note: That Entry Fees Are Not Refundable.
10km Run: 09h00
10km Walk: 11h00
Special 25th edition high-quality T-shirts for the first 3000 pre-entries on Marathon, Half Marathon & 10km events before 12th February 2020.
Cut Off Time: 12:00 noon
- Medals To All Finishers
- Secured & Safe Parking in the Stadium
Pegasus Athletic Club
How to Enter?
Online entry at https://entries.timeme.co.za/events/60542-township-marathon
The Sweat Shop, Fourways Crossing, Shop U4A | Tel: (011) 467-5966
The Sweat Shop, Southdown Shopping Centre, John Vorster Ave | Tel: (012) 665-0048
The Sweat Shop, Dunkeld West Centre, Jan Smuts Ave, Dunkeld | Tel: (011) 325-2567
The Randburg Runner, Cnr. 5th Street & 4th Ave | Tel: (011) 888-9644
Orlando Community Hall, Soweto | Tel: 073 944-2571
CGA, Germiston | Tel: 073 944-2571
The Sweat Shop, 2 Bedford Arcadia, Van Buuren Road, Bedfordview | Tel: (011) 450-2421
8 Nieuwveld Street Eldorado Park, Soweto, 1811, South Africa | Tel: (083) 704-3649
Gerhard Van Wyk - 083 292 9551
Visited 19460 times, 4 Visits today