- The race is run in accordance with the rules of the ASA and AVT. Registered athletes must be members of a club affiliated to ASA, wear official club colours and wear two 2020 license numbers on the front and back of the vest. The numbers may not be altered.
- Race numbers for the 42.2km, 21.1km, and 10km to be worn on the front of the vest. 5km runners must display their race tags. Runners found on the route without official numbers or tags will be removed from the route. Do not cover the license number’s sponsors logo’s
- Nonregistered athletes running the 10km, 21.1km & 42.2km races must purchase temporary licenses, wear plain clothing and pin the license number only on the back of the vest.
- Ensure you purchase the correct colour number for the distance you are running.
- The race committee reserves the right to accept or reject any entry.
- Proof of age to be produced on request (birth certificate or ID document).
- Athletes competing for a category prize must wear numerical ID tags.
- Athletes winning prizes/medals must be present during the award ceremony. An athlete who is not present during the medal ceremony will forfeit his/her prize money. In competitions where the competition takes place according to age categories, in addition to the OPEN category, if offered, the athlete will participate and only be eligible for the prizes in the category they entered for, provided they display the relevant official numerical age category tags front and back on their vest. Any athlete may thus qualify for a maximum of two individual prizes (one in the open category and a second in the age category entered for).
- NO SECONDING will be permitted on any part of the race route. No vehicle or bicycle will be allowed to follow runners on the route. Any runner who is seconded or followed is liable for disqualification.
- NO advertising of any form may be worn by competitors unless sanctioned by the official sponsors.
- Failure to obey rules, referees, traffic marshals or any race official could result in disqualification.
- There will be no officials, traffic officers, marshals or refreshment station workers in attendance on the route after 11h45.
- Distance boards will be placed at each kilometre.
- There will be a tog bag area at the start and this facility is to be used by athletes at own risk.
- All athletes compete at their own risk. Athletes indemnify National, Provincial and Regional bodies, sponsors and organizers of the race against all or any actions whatsoever nature whatever, that may arise due to participation in any event.
- NO Vaal Athletic Club members may participate in any event on race day.
- Runners will not be permitted to start the second lap of 42.2km distance after 08h45 (2 hours 45 mins)
- The 42.2km, 21.1km & 10km races are timed by Peak Timing / Championchip Africa, all participants must wear the correct chip on their right shoe. NO CHIP, NO OFFICIAL RESULT, NO PRIZE
- No unaccompanied children will be allowed at the venue during the race.
- No drones will be permitted over the race start or finish area.
- This is a #RunClean / litter free event and being caught littering outside the water point zones could lead to disqualification
Timing will be MAT to MAT (start line to finish line). There will be a 10 min start window for the 42.2km & 21.1km runners. Additional timing mats will be placed on the course to verify the times. Participants must cross ALL mats (start line, on route & finish line) to record official times, failure to do so could result in no official record/result or disqualification.
Start window for the 42.2km & 21.1km will be from 6:00am – 6:10am.
Marathon runners will not be permitted to start the second lap of 42.2 km distance after 08h45.
Free t-shirts to first 1100 ONLINE 42.2 km & 21.1km combined entrants only.
Medals to all finishers of the 42.2km 21.1km, 10km, and 5km races. 6500 medals on the day.
42.2km – 5:45 hours
21.1km – 4 hours
42.2km – 20 years
21.1km – 16 years
10km – 14 years
5km fun run – 9 years
This event is a qualifier for the Two Oceans and Comrades Marathons.
Distance & Entry Fee:
42.2km – R240 (Grandmasters – R 150)
21.1km – R180 (Grandmasters – R 90)
10km – R100
5km fun run – R30
Temp. Licenses – R50
ChampionChips will be available for purchase (R 150 – online & at pre-race collection points and on the day) or hire (R 50 – online entry only).
– No hiring ChampionChips on the day.
Venue: Dick Fourie Stadium, Vereeniging
6-6:10am – 21.1km & 42.2km
6:15am – 10km & 5km fun run
Race Number Collection for Pre Entries:
Thursday 27th February 2020 – The Sweat Shop Broadacres – Fourways (10h00 – 16:00)
Friday 28th February 2020 – Sportsmans Warehouse Park Meadows – Kensington / Bedfordview (10h00 – 16:00)
Saturday 29th February 2020- Sportsmans Warehouse The Palms – Vanderbijlpark (10h00 – 16:00)
Sunday 1st March 2020 – At race venue from 4 am
Please Note: There will be no collections or entries taken at the race venue the day before the event (Saturday, 2nd March), it will be at the Sportsmans Warehouse The Palms in Vanderbijlpark.
Vaal Athletic Club
How to Enter?
Entries to the races can be done via the following means:
Online: NOW – 18/02/2020 or until entry limits are reached.
Retail Outlets: TBA
On the Day: At race venue from 4am – 10km & 5km races only.
Run-A-Way Sport – 012 361 3733
The Randburg Runner – 011 888 9644
The Sweat Shop (Bedfordview) – 011 450 2421
The Sweat Shop (Dunkheld) – 011 325 2567/8
The Sweat Shop (Broadacres) – 011 465 2556
The Sweat Shop (Irene) – 012 665 0048
Sportsmans Warehouse Park Meadows – 011 615 9931
Sportsmans Warehouse East Rand Value Mall – 011 823 3203
Sportsmans Warehouse The Glen – 011 435 3888
Sportsmans Warehouse The Palms – 016 933 8284
Rozanne - 079 556 4548
Visited 7236 times, 2 Visits today