- The Race is run in accordance with the rules of the ASA and the CGA. Athletes indemnify the National, Provincial and Regional Bodies, Sponsors and Organisers of the race against any or all actions of whatsoever nature, whatever the same may be arising out of their participation in the race.
- Runners must familiarize themselves with and abide by the advertising rules as per the CGA and the ASA rulebooks (IAAF Rule 143 and ASA Rule 13.1 and advertising regulations). These provisions apply for the duration of the race including warming up, all race ceremonies and official press conference. Under no circumstances may a runner display a political slogan [IAAF Rule 2(a)].
- Registered athletes must be a member of a Club affiliated with the ASA and wear their club colours along with their 2019 License Number back and front. If issued with a race number this must be worn throughout the race, on the front of your upper garment/vest.
- All Licensed athletes competing for category prizes must wear numeric age category tags clearly visible back and front. Athletes are only eligible to claim prize money for the category they have entered. Proof of age for prize winners will be required and to be presented to the referees before prize giving. Prizes will be withheld until confirmed.
- International Athletes must comply with CGA and ASA rules 142.2 and 4.2. They must also provide a clearance letter from their Country of origin to the Chief Referee, in order to claim a prize.
- Foreign athletes are not allowed to run with an ASA Provincial License and are required to purchase a Temporary License otherwise face disqualification (Refer to IAAF rule 4).
- Foreign athletes are not allowed to run in Club colours unless such Club exists in their Country of the origin or they are in possession of a refugee status permit or are naturalized citizens of RSA (Refer to IAAF rule 4).
- No walkers allowed in the Marathon and the Half Marathon.
- No seconding is allowed.
- No wheelchair athletes will be permitted to participate without special permission granted by the race organizer.
- No blade, cyclist or mechanically operated device allowed in the race.
- No animals and/ or pets are allowed to participate.
- No 2, 3 or 4 wheel carts/prams which are mechanically or manually operated by participants, will be permitted to participate unless special permission has been granted, prams/carts must start at the back of the field.
- Minimum age: 15yr – 10km 16yr – 21.1km 20yr – 42.2km
- All Traffic Officers and Race Marshall’s instructions to be obeyed at all times.
- Participants are not allowed to use Earphones, iPods, etc. as they are in contravention of IAAF rules 144.2b, during the race for safety reasons.
- Athletes who participate without buying a race entry will be disqualified and will not be entitled to any benefits associated with the race and will be liable for a double-entry charge. Habitual offenders will be called to a CGA disciplinary.
- All athletes to participate at their own risk. Athletes acknowledge that by entering the event, they are medically fit to participate.
- All athletes must supply the name and contact number of their next of kin on both the race number and entry form.
- Only South African athletes are eligible for team prizes – The domicilium rule may apply.
- Only those who have completed all the information required on the race entry form/race number are eligible for prizes
- No Refunds will be allowed.
- Athletes may not run with another athlete’s race number unless prior arrangement has been made with the race organizer.
- The race organizer retains the right to refuse entry and reject persons under the influence of drugs or alcohol, who are disorderly, or engage in inappropriate behavior, vandalism or evade paying for admission.
- Littering is not allowed. Athletes are to dispose of any litter in the appropriate bins and can be disqualified if they litter
The Diepkloof Half Marathon takes place on the 20th of October 2019, from the University of Johannesburg (Soweto Campus ). Distance options: 5km fun run, 10km & 21.1km.
Distance & Entry Fee Pre Entries:
21.1km – R180
21.1km (Age 60 Yrs+) – R40
10km – R150
10km (Age 60 Yrs+) – R40
5km Fun Run – R80
5km Fun Run (Age 60 Yrs+) – R40
Venue: University of Johannesburg, Soweto Campus, Chris Hani Road (Old Potch Rd)
Race Pack Collection: Race pack collection takes place from UJ, Soweto Campus, Chris Hani Road. It may also be collected on race day.
Medals: Will be awarded to all finishers
Prize Giving: Will commence at 9h00
Entertainment: Aerobics | Kids Entertainment | Food will be on sale
Diepkloof Athletics Club
How to Enter?
Online entry at ChampionChip
Manual Entries: Diepkloof Communal Hall | Orlando Communal Hall | Sweatshop (Bedfordview, Dunkeld & Fourways)
Visited 12844 times, 1 Visit today