ASA and CGA Race Rules
- The event is held under the rules of ASA and CGA.
- Athletes indemnify the national, provincial and regional bodies, sponsors and organizers of the race against any or all actions of whatsoever nature, whatever the same may arise out of their participation in the race.
- All athletes participate at their own risk. Athletes acknowledge that by entering the event they are medically fit to participate. All athletes must supply the name and contact number of their next of kin on both the race number and entry form.
- Licensed athletes must wear club colours and their 2020 license number on the back and front of their vest, with the race number worn on the front of the vest. Licensed athletes who do not wear their 2020 license numbers must purchase a temporary license on the day or face disqualification.
- Temporary licensed athletes must wear plain clothing with the issued temporary license on the back of their vests.
- Athletes competing for category prizes must wear clearly visible age tags of the appropriate size, on the back and front of their running vest.
- No seconding allowed.
- International athletes must provide a clearance letter (from their country of origin) to the organizers and chief referee prior to the start of the event. Prizes will be withheld if this rule is not adhered to.
- No blades, cyclists or mechanically operated devices allowed in the race.
- No 2, 3 or 4 wheel carts/prams, which are mechanically or manually operated by participants, or wheelchairs athletes will be permitted to participate without special permission granted by the race organizer. All such participants must start at the back of the field.
- No animals/pets are allowed to participate.
- All instructions from traffic and race officials must be obeyed at all times.
- Prize winners must present their proof of age to the referees before the prize giving. Prizes will be withheld until all the necessary details of the winners are confirmed.
- Only those who have completed all the information required on the race entry/number are eligible for prizes.
- No refunds.
- No earphones, iPods and similar devices are allowed, as they are in contravention of IAAF rule 144.2b and may lead to disqualification.
- Athletes may not run with another athlete’s race number unless a prior arrangement is made with the race organizer.
- The race organizer retains the right to refuse entry and reject persons under the influence of drugs or alcohol, who are disorderly, or engage in inappropriate behaviour, vandalism or evade paying for admission.
- Athletes who participate without buying a race entry will be disqualified, will not be entitled to any benefits associated with the race and will be liable for a double entry fee charge. Habitual offenders (those who regularly participate without purchasing a race entry) will be called to a CGA disciplinary.
- Licensed athletes not wearing club colours may face disqualification.
- Littering is not allowed. Athletes are to dispose of any litter in appropriate bins and can be disqualified if they litter.
- The minimum age for participation: 21.1km | 16 years old and 10km | 15 years old.
- All foreign athletes must comply with the rules of IAAF and ASA Rule 142.2 and 4, Foreign athletes are not allowed to run with an ASA Provincial license and are required to purchase a temporary license or face disqualification (Refer to IAAF Rule 4)
- Foreign athletes are not allowed to run in Club colours unless such Club exists in their Country of origin or they are in possession of a refugee status permit or are naturalized citizens of RSA (Refer to IAAF Rule 4).
- Objections fee must be lodged within 30 minutes before or after prizegiving in writing to the chief referee, accompanied by a deposit of R500.00, which is refundable if the appeal is upheld.
Come dressed to impress
Candlelit mile on route
Live music & bagpipe player on route
ASA and CGA rules apply
The HOT 91.9 Valentine’s Night Race takes place on the 14th of February 2020, from the Randburg Sports Complex and starts at 7 pm.
Distance & Entry Fee:
10km – R128
10km Grandmasters 60 Yrs+ – R77
Venue: Randburg Sports Complex, Cnr Republic Rd & Silver Pine Ave
Start Time: 19h00
Temp Licence: R30 For Non-Registered Athletes
13-14 February 15h30 – 19h00
Prize Giving: At 20h30
Spot prizes and giveaways
All runners will receive a finishers mug
How to Enter?
Online entry at https://entries.timeme.co.za/events/62102-valentines-night-race
Entries on the day will close at 19h00
Shop Entries – Randburg Runner & Sweatshop Dunkeld / Fourways
Visited 3124 times, 1 Visit today