The Jackie Gibson Marathon takes place on the 31st of March 2019, from Klipriviersberg Recreation Centre (Johannesburg South). Distance options: 42.2km, 21.1km & 10km.
The Jackie Gibson Marathon is an official Comrades Ultra-Marathon qualifier event, hosted by Johannesburg Harriers. The race takes you on a beautiful tour of the South of Johannesburg and is a great course for a PB.
ROUTE: The 42km route will be “double lap” course. NO CHAMPIONCHIP NO RESULTS
This event is a qualifying race for the Comrades Marathon
Distance & Entry Fee
Pre Entries (Closing 20 Mar 2019):
74th Jackie Gibson Marathon 42.2km – R220
7th Allan Ferguson Half Marathon 21.1km – R180
JHAC 10km – R110
Grand Masters entry fee – Half Price
Over 70 year and Blind Runners = Free
42.2km – R100
21.1km – R35
10km – R30
Venue: Klipriviersberg Recreation Centre, Peggy Vera Road.
GPS Co-ordinates: 26 18’23 06 S 28 00′ 44 15 E
42.2 & 21.1km: 06H00
T-Shirts: Free T-shirts to first 1000 online pre-entries for 42 and 21km
Medals: To All Finishers Up To 12h00 (Cut off)
1) Walkers are welcome on the Half-Marathon and 10km only.
2) Cut-off time for both 21.1kms and 42.2kms is strictly 12h00.
3) Runners will be asked to leave the route after 12h00 as support will be withdrawn.
4) Full race results will be published on the internet at www.championchip.co.za
5) Please help us reduce wastage and abuse by taking no more than one coke and two water sachets per table.
6) Halfway cut-off for 42.2kms is 3 hours.
7) Runners who enter the Marathon and only complete one lap will be timed as half marathon finishers
8) Tog bag area will be provide
Johannesburg Harriers Athletic Club
How to Enter?
Online entry at ChampionChip (closing date 20 March 2019)
Entries also available from:
-Sweat Shop Bedford Arcade, Van Buuren St. 011 450 2421
-Randburg Runner, Manlam Court, 5th St., Linden 011 888 9644
-Sweat Shop, Dunkeld West Centre, Jan Smuts Ave. 011 325 2567
-Sportsmans Warehouse, The Glen 011 435 3888
-Sportsmans Warehouse, East Rand Mall 011 823 3203
Visited 21104 times, 12 Visits today