- No seconding allowed.
- No blades, cyclist or mechanically operated devices allowed in the race
- No 2, 3 or 4 wheel carts/prams which are mechanically or manually operated by participants, or wheelchairs athletes will be permitted to participate without special permission has been granted from the race organizer. All such participants MUST start at the back of the field.
- No animals/pets are allowed to participate.
- All instructions from traffic and race officials must be obeyed at all times.
- No earphones,iPods and the like allowed and contravention of IAAF rule 144.2b may lead to disqualification.
- Littering is not allowed. Athletes are to dispose of any litter in appropriate bins. Athletes can be disqualified if they litter.
Event Race Rules:
- The event is held under the rules of ASA and CGA.
- All athletes participate at their own risk. Athletes acknowledge by entering the event that they are medically fit to participate. All athletes must supply the name and contact number of their next of kin on both the race number and entry form.
- Licensed athletes must wear club colours and their 2020 license number back and front, with the race number worn on the front of the vest. Licensed athletes who do not wear their 2020 license numbers must purchase a temporary license on the day or face disqualification.
- Temporary licensed athletes to wear plain clothing with the issued temporary license on the back of their vest. No temp licenses are issued for marathons or ultra marathons.
- Athletes competing for category prizes must wear clearly visible age tags of the appropriate size, on the back and front of their running vest.
- International Athletes must provide a clearance letter (from their country of origin) to the organizers and chief referee prior to the start of the event. Prizes will be withheld if this rule is not adhered to.
- Walkers competing for Walkers prizes (if any) must wear Walker tags on the front and back of their running vest.
- Only South African athletes are eligible for team prizes. The domicilium rule applies.
- Proof of age for prize winners is required and must be presented to the referees before prize giving. Prizes will be withheld until all the necessary details of the winners are confirmed.
- Only those who have completed all the information required in the race entry/number are eligible for prizes.
- Athletes may not run with another athlete’s race number unless by prior arrangement with the race organizer.
- The race organizer retains the right to refuse entry and eject persons under the influence of drugs or alcohol, who are disorderly, or engage in inappropriate behaviour, vandalism or evade paying for admission.
- Athletes who participate without buying a race entry will be disqualified, will not be entitled to any benefits associated with the race and will be liable for a double entry fee charge. Habitual offenders (those who regularly participate without purchasing a race entry) will be called to a CGA disciplinary.
- Licensed athletes not wearing club colours may face disqualification.
- Objections/disputes must be lodged within 30 minutes before and after prize-giving in writing to the chief referee accompanied by R300.00 which is refundable if the appeal is upheld.
- No athletes should be denied his prize money if he/she has entered a race, and allowed to start without an electronic chip, providing that the referees have spotted him/her at each and every checkpoint. This implies that the athlete has run the entire race and won fairly.
The Run Zone Joburg North City Marathon takes place on the 22nd of March 2020, from Marks Park Sports Club. Distance options: 5km, 10km, 21.1km & 42.2km.
This event is a qualifier for the Comrades Marathon.
Distance & Entry Fee
42.2km – R 295
21.1km – R 180
10km – R 100
5km – R 70
Venue: Marks Park Sports Club. Judith Road. Emmarentia
42.2km & 21.1km @ 06H00
5km & 10km @ 06H10
Please collect race packs at the venue, Marks Park Sports Complex
- Friday, 20 March 2020 – 12h00 to 17h00
- Saturday, 21 March 2020 – 09h00 to 17h00
- Sunday, 22 March 2020 – 04h00 to 06h00
5/10km at 08h00
21.1km at 08H30
42.2km at 09H00
Race Cut Off: 6.5 hours
Tog Bags: Tog bag facilities will be made available for your use from 04H00 till 13H00.
- Free race branded backpacks to the first 1000 online entries.
- Branded backpacks will be available for purchase at R 100 each thereafter.
- Complimentary Goodie Bags to the first 1500 online entries.
DATE: SATURDAY, 21 March 2020
VENUE: MARKS PARK SPORTS CLUB, JUDITH ROAD, EMMARENTIA, JOHANNESBURG
12KM / 6KM STARTS @ 07H00
- 12KM TRAIL RUN – R 130
- 6KM TRAIL RUN – R 80
Run Zone Athletics Club
How to Enter?
Online entry at ChampionChip
Entries are available at selected stores, from 23 November 2019.
- RANDBURG RUNNER
- SWEATSHOP DUNKELD
- SWEATSHOP BROADACRES
- SWEATSHOP SOUTH DOWNS
- SWEATSHOP BEDFORDVIEW
Entries are available at Club Runs.
NORTHCLIFF COUNTRY CLUB
- WEDNESDAY, 17H00-19H00
- SATURDAY, 07H00-09H00
Graham Block - 072 276 9635
Candis Lubbe - 084 371 0123
Visited 8353 times, 3 Visits today