- Run in accordance with the rules and regulations of ASA & CGA
- Proof of age to be produced on request. Numeric age tags to be worn visibly on the front and back to qualify for prizes. You can only win prize money for the category you enter in.
- 21.1km runners must be 16 years and older on the race day
- 10km runners must be 15 years and older on the race day
- No seconding allowed as there are ample water points.
- Water points will be every 2.5km to 3km of the race
- Registered athletes must be a member of a club affiliated with ASA and wear club colours Temporary licensed athletes must wear plain clothes.
- The 2020 provincial license numbers to be worn on the back and front of the vest and the issued temporary license number on the back of the vest.
- The official Birchwood race number must be worn throughout the race on the front of the vest, on top of the provincial license number, not concealing the sponsors’ names & logos.
- No rollerblades, skateboards or cyclists allowed on the route
- ONLY FREE ENTRY for GREAT GRANDMASTERS + BLIND RUNNERS – temporary license fee still applies
- Athletes are not allowed to participate with pets Entry fee is NON-REFUNDABLE
- Should conditions be deemed dangerous (eg: storms with lightening) the race will, unfortunately, have to be canceled
- 21.1km is a double lapper
- All entrants participate at their own risk
- Athletes must comply with ASA domicile rule
- Foreign athletes are not allowed to run in club colours unless such a club exists in their country of origin or they are in possession of a refugee status permit or are naturalized citizens of RSA. (Refer to IAAF rule 4.)
- All traffic officers and officials instructions are to be obeyed at all times Athletes are only eligible for prizes in the race they have registered for Licensed athletes not wearing club colours may face disqualification
- Objections must be lodged within 30minutes before or after prize-giving in writing to the chief referee accompanied by R500.00 which is refundable if the appeal is upheld.
- The organizers reserve the right to accept or reject entry No musical earpieces are allowed Wheelchairs are permitted – T&C’s apply.
- Please contact race director A tog bag area is provided.
- While care is taken with stored items, Birchwood will not be responsible for the loss or damage to property
- Athletes indemnify the national, provincial and regional bodies, sponsors and organizers of the race against any or all activities of whatsoever nature, whatever the same may arise out of their participation in the race
- Prizes not collected within 30 minutes will be forwarded to CGA who will forward the winnings to the athlete
- International athletes must provide a clearance letter from their country of origin in the event of them winning a prize
- Athletes may not run with another athlete’s race number unless by prior arrangement with the race director
- Athletes who participate without buying a race entry will be disqualified.
- They will not be entitled to any benefits associated with the race and will be liable for a double entry fee charge.
- Habitual offenders (those who regularly participate without purchasing a race entry) will be called to a CGA disciplinary
- Medals to all race participants.
- Parking inside Birchwood Hotel closes at 06:00 am sharp.
- Long Sleeve moisture management t-shirts to the first 2000 entries (500 more than previous years) * Please request your t-shirt size on the tear-off entry form on the opposite page. We will endeavour to supply requested sizes but cannot guarantee size or fit. T-shirts will NOT be exchanged on race day *
Race Day Features:
- Incredible Spot Prizes
- Food Vendors
- Children’s Entertainment (After Race)
- Picturesque Gardens & Rest Area
- Secure Parking
- Sports Massages For Participants
The Birchwood Half Marathon takes place on the 19th of April 2020, from the Birchwood Hotel (Boksburg). Distance options: 21.1km, 10km & 5km fun run.
What began in 2010 as a fun-run, has grown in to a permanent fixture on every athlete’s calendar. The Birchwood Half-Marathon has become one of the most anticipated running events in Gauteng and forms the perfect stepping stone for your Comrades Marathon training and preparation. With a 21.1km, and 10km available, the event has something for the experience runner, as well as those new to the sport. Join us afterwards for prize-giving and chat with our running clubs, on-site sponsors or grab a foot rub from Birchwood’s Mangwanani Boutique Spa.
Distance & Entry Fee:
21.1km – R260
10km – R200
5km Fun Run – R70
Temp. License – R40
Great Grandmasters and blind runners: free.
ChampionChip: R150; Temporary Chip: R50
Venue: Birchwood Hotel & OR Tambo Conference Centre, Boksburg, South Africa
21km Half Marathon & 10km @ 06h30
5km Fun Run @ 07h30
Race Pack & T-shirt Collection:
Race entries are limited to 4 500 participants:
2 250 for the 21.1km
1 500 for the 10km
250 limited entries for the 5km
No entries will be available on the day of the race.
ChampionChip is our timing partner for 2020. Permanent timing chips will be sold on the morning of the race between 05:00 am and 06:30 am. Temporary chips may be hired online with pre-entries. No chip, no time. Cut-off time is 3h 3min
Birchwood Athletic Club
How to Enter?
Online entry at Birchwood website
Entries close on 19 March 2020 or when sold out, with no entries sold on the day.
Kate Wood - 082 903 9722 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Visited 9499 times, 1 Visit today