- The race is run in accordance with the rules and constitution of ASA and CGA.
- Athletes indemnify the National, Provincial athletics bodies, the sponsors, organizers, beneficiaries and local authority against all and any damage or injury they may sustain in participating in the race.
- All athletes participate at their own risk. Athletes acknowledge by entering the event that they are medically fit to participate. All athletes must supply the name and contact number of their next of kin on both the race number and entry form.
- Licensed athletes must wear club colours and their 2019 or 2020 license number back and front, with the race number worn on the front of the vest. Licensed athletes who do not wear their 2019 or 2020 license numbers must purchase a temporary license on the day or face disqualification.
- Temporary licensed athletes to wear plain clothing with the issued temporary license on the back of their vest.
- International Athletes must provide a clearance letter (from their country of origin) to the organizers and chief referee prior to the start of the event. Prizes will be withheld if this rule is not adhered to.
- Athletes who participate without buying a race entry will be disqualified, will not be entitled to any benefits associated with the race and will be liable for a double entry fee charge. Habitual offenders (those who regularly participate without purchasing a race entry) will be called to a CGA disciplinary.
- Competitors must be 15 years or older on the day of the race.
- Athletes competing for a category prize must wear NUMERIC age category ID tags (front and back). Proof of age must be available on race day. Prize money will be withheld until age is verified.
- Prizes will only be awarded to athletes who fill in the race sticker comprehensively. Prizes will be withheld until all the necessary details of the winners are confirmed.
- No athlete will be eligible for prizes if details are not completed on a sticker or tear off strips and thus deemed to be a non-finisher.
- Objections must be lodged within 30 minutes before or after prize-giving in writing to the chief referee accompanied by R500.00 which is refundable if the appeal is upheld.
- Unfortunately, wheelchair athletes may not compete in this race due to the nature of the course. Neither may athletes make use of roller blades, skateboards, cycles, prams or other mechanically propelled devices.
- All directions and instructions from traffic officers and marshals must be obeyed. Failure to do so may lead to disqualification.
- In accordance with ASA rules, there will be at least 3 water tables, not more than 4 kilometers apart.
- No seconding permitted.
- Regret, athletes will not be allowed to participate with pets.
- No ear plugged devices are allowed, excluding hearing aid devices. Runners who wear such devices in contravention of IAAF rule 144.2b may face disqualification.
- Foreign athletes must comply with ASA domicile rules.
- Foreign athletes are not allowed to run with an ASA Provincial license and are required to purchase a temporary license or face disqualification. (Refer to IAAF rule 4.)
- Foreign athletes are not allowed to run in club colours unless such a club exists in their country of origin or they are in possession of a refugee status permit or are naturalized citizens of RSA. (Refer to IAAF rule 4.)
- The race organizer retains the right to refuse entry and eject persons under the influence of drugs or alcohol, who are disorderly, or engage in inappropriate behavior, vandalism or evade paying for admission.
- Littering is not allowed. Athletes are to dispose of any litter in appropriate bins. Athletes can be disqualified if they litter.
The Varsity Kudus 15km Road Race takes place Saturday, 4th January 2020 from Library Lawns (Wits University – Braamfontein).
Distance & Entry Fee
Pre Entries (Closing 31 Dec 2019):
15km – R 120 (includes R5 Donation to SANPARKS Honorary Rangers)
Venue: Library Lawns, East Campus, Wits University, Yale Road, Braamfontein
Access: Empire / Yale Road Or Enoch Sontonga Avenue
Start Time: 06:30
Cut Off: 09:30
Prize Giving: 08:45
Temporary Licence: R30 For None Registered Runners
How to Enter?
Online Entries: at www.easyreg.co.za before 31 Dec 2019
Entries are available from the Sweatshop or The Randburg Runner from November 2019. There will also be a gazebo at Wits University Great Hall on Friday 3 January where you can enter, from 12:00 to 16:00.
Raceday Entries: from 05:30
Thomas Hope - 082 678 4211
Visited 12625 times, 1 Visit today