- The minimum age on race day for 10 km is 14 years.
- Participants must obey instructions of marshals and traffic officers.
- No race numbers will be issued. Licensed athletes should compete in official club colours and must display unaltered licence numbers, valid for 2020, on the front and back of running vests. In addition to entering the race, unlicensed participants must purchase a temporary licence, which must be worn on the chest.
- In addition to Overall (Open) prizes, participants will only be eligible for an age category prize in the age category they enter. Age category tags must be worn (front and back) and visible for the entire race to be eligible for any age category prize, including Juniors. Participants may enter the age category corresponding to their chronological age or any younger category down to
- Temporary licences will be available at registration and must be worn on the chest. When registering, participants must complete and hand in the tear-off strip from the number in order to be eligible to compete. Temporary licensed participants are eligible for age category prizes, provided they wear the category appropriate age tags and provide proof of age.
- Juniors born in 2001 or later must display category tags “J” to qualify for age category prizes. Juniors can also win Open team prizes.
- Licenced athletes should wear club colours. Full club colours must be worn to qualify for team prizes. Temporary licenced athletes must run in clothing without advertising.
- Entry cards must be carried for the duration of the race and handed in at the results board at the finish. Participants to produce their finishing card when asked to do so by a race official.
- No personal seconding will be permitted except at official refreshment stations.
- Wheelchair athletes must please contact the organizers timeously to discuss arrangements for their participation.
- The time limit for the 10km 1 hour 45 min and Fun Run is 1hour 30 min.
- The organizers’ Club and sponsors, as well as WPA, accept no responsibility for any accident or injury resulting from participation in the event.
- Any ruling by the race committee will be considered final.
- The use of music players with headphones is NOT allowed and may result in disqualification.
- Entries will be accepted at the start venue on race day from 17h15 to 18h30 for the 10km and Fun run.
- No pre-entries. Meridian School Pinehurst, Uitzicht
- Prizegiving ceremony at 20:20, which includes the awarding of Lucky draw prizes.
- Tog bag area provided at runners’ own risk. Please don’t leave any valuables in your car.
- Race Results will be sent to all Western Province Clubs.
- Do not litter. Dispose of sachets and cups responsibly by using the boxes provided or carrying them to the finish. Report offenders to the referees. We support the #run clean campaign.
- The race is run according to the rules of IAAF, ASA, and WPA. Detailed rules are available at www.wpa.org.za or on request from the organizers or the WPA office.
- International athletes must provide a clearance letter from their country of origin to the referee in the event of them winning a prize.
The Curro Brackenfell 10km Challenge takes place on the 29th of January 2020, from Curro Meridian School Pinehurst, Uitzicht. There is a 5km fun run/walk as well.
Distances & Entry Fee:
10km Seniors (Licensed/Unlicensed) – R70/110
10km Juniors (Licensed/Unlicensed) – R50/75
10km 70+ (Licensed/Unlicensed) – R50/R90
5km Fun Run/Walk – R35
Venue: Curro Meridian School Pinehurst, Kraaifontein, Durbanville
10km @ 18:40
5km @ 18:30
Medals to all finishers. Lucky draw prizes afterward.
Brackenfell Athletics Club
How to Enter?
Enter on the day at the event from 17h15 to 18h30. No Pre-entries
Jacques - 082 610 4455
Visited 10036 times, 1 Visit today