- The race is held under the rules of ASA and AGN.
- Athletes participate at their own risk.
- All athletes must wear their Medihelp race numbers on the front of their running vests, taking care not to obscure the ASA/main sponsor logo on the valid licence number beneath it. Registered athletes must wear their valid licence numbers on the front and the back. Non-registered athletes must purchase a temporary licence in addition to the
race entry fee and this number must be worn on the back.
- No licence numbers are required for the 5km fun run (Baby Monster).
- No age restriction applies for the Baby Monster, but parents entering children take full responsibility for the safety of their children.
- No athletes under the age of 19 years on the day will be allowed to enter the 32km race. No athletes under the age of 16 years will be allowed to run the 21km race. No athletes under the age of 14 years will be allowed to run the 10km race.
- An athlete will not be eligible for any age category prizes unless he/she is wearing an official age category tag for the category he/she is competing in, prominently displayed on the front and back of his/her running vest. An athlete may only compete in the age category displayed on his/her vest. Thus, a master athlete will not qualify for any veteran prizes, and a grandmaster will not qualify for any veteran or master prizes. An athlete may, however, decide to enter for a younger age category by wearing the specific age category tag for a specific event. In all races with pre-entries or where different age categories are accepted, athletes must enter for the age category corresponding to the age category tag displayed on his/her running vest. Any athlete who cannot on request produce any acceptable proof of age documents will be afforded three days in which to comply, failing which he/she will be ineligible for any age group prizes.
- Walkers competing for prizes should have their “W” ID tags prominently displayed on the front and back of their running vests.
- No iPods, Walkmans or similar listening devices are allowed whilst participating (IAAF Rule).
- No seconding or bicycles are allowed along the route. Ample refreshment stations are provided.
- Athletes indemnify the national, provincial and regional bodies, sponsors and organisers of the race against all and any actions of whatever nature that may occur during the race.
- Proof of age to be produced on race day if requested by a referee.
- No refunds will be made.
- In the event of non-participation, an entrant may not allow another runner to use his/her number without prior permission from the race organiser, which permission must be obtained at least 24 hours in advance.
- Foreign athletes must observe IAAF Rule 4.2.
- Cut-off time:
* 32km – 4 hours 30 min (runners and walkers)
*21km – 3 hours 30 min (runners and walkers)
* 10km – 2 hours (runners and walkers)
- Routes not suitable for a wheelchair.
- Race results will be available on www.raceresults.co.za
The Medihelp Sunrise Monster is dubbed “the ultimate Comrades conditioner” and is a popular event on runners’ calendars countrywide. The 32 km route passes through 12 picturesque suburbs of Pretoria and seeks out some of the toughest climbs in the area to offer the ultimate running challenge. The event also offers the new 21 km Half Monster, the 10 km Mini Monster and the 5 km Baby Monster fun run/walk.
The Medihelp Sunrise Monster takes place on the 29th of February 2020, from Harlequin Club (Groenkloof, Pretoria). Distance options: 32km, 21.1km, 10km & 5km fun run.
Distance & Entry Fee
Pre Entries (Closing 18 Feb 2020):
32km Sunrise Monster – R 160
32km Sunrise Monster Grand Master (GM) – R 100
21.1km Half Monster – R130
21.1km Half Monster Grand Master – R90
10km Mini Monster – R110
10km Mini Monster Grand Monster (GM) – R80
5km Baby Monster – R50
5km Baby Monster Grand Monster (GM) – R50
Temp. License – R40
Venue: Harlequin Club, Totius Street, Groenkloof, Pretoria
GPS: S 25º46.122’ E 28º13.031’
32km & 21.1km: 06:03 (sunrise)
Online entries can be collected from the following requested pickup points:
Johannesburg: The Sweat Shop, Bedford Arcade, Bedfordview on Thursday 27 February from 11h00 to 18h00.
Pretoria: The Harlequin Club, Totius St, Groenkloof on Friday, 28 February from 11:00-18:00.
R40 For Non Registered Athletes 32km, 21.1km & 10km
No Temporary Licence required for Baby Monster (5km Fun Run)
10km – 08:30
21.1km & 32km – 09:30
How to Enter?
Online entry HERE (Online entries close on Tuesday, 18 February 2020).
Race Day Entries: Race day entries accepted from 04:30
Free Entry On Race Eve Or Race Day Only For:
• G & GG Grand Master (70+ & 80+) entrants
Running store entries close on Tuesday, 26 February 2019. Entries for all distances available at the Harlequin Club venue on Friday 1 March 2019 from 11h00 to 18h00. A limited number of entries for will be available at the venue from 04h30 on race morning, to specifically cater for ‘out-of-town’ entrants (while stocks last). To download an entry form or to enter online go to www.medihelp.co.za/showcase/events
Run-a-Way Sport, 302 Freesia St, Lynnwood Ridge, Pretoria (012-361-3733)
The Sweat Shop, South Downs, Centurion (012-665-0048)
The Sweat Shop, Jan Smuts Ave, Dunkeld, Jhb (011-325-2567)
The Sweat Shop, Bedford Arcade, Bedfordview, Jhb (011-450-2421)
The Natural Runner, Old Jhb Road, Centurion Lifestyle Centre (012-030-0136)
Piet Ackermann - 082 337 6909
Visited 26340 times, 4 Visits today