- The race will take place under the rules of ASA, AGN, and IAAF.
- All participants must wear two valid 2020 license numbers or temporary numbers (front and back) during the race.
- Race numbers should not cover the valid ASA license logos.
- All athletes participate at their own risk and by their entry, they indemnify the organizers, province, and sponsors of any liability or claims.
- Marshals and traffic officials must be obeyed at all times.
- No seconding will be permitted.
- Proof of age may be requested from category winners.
- The minimum age on race day is 14 years for the 10km, 16 years for the 21.1km and 20 years for the 42.2km.
- Junior category winners must provide proof of age to qualify for prizes (ID or other valid documentation).
- Foreign athletes must observe IAAF rule 4 paragraph 2.
- Ambulance services and medical personnel will be on standby during the race.
- Age category identification tags to be worn on the front and back of the running/walking vest to be eligible for prizes.
- No iPods or listening devices allowed.
- Tuks athletes are requested to assist on race day.
- Entries will be taken from 04:00 to 05:50 on race day for 21.1, 10, 5 and 1 km as well as the wheelchair athletes (no 42.2 km entries on race day).
- Watering points located approximately every 3 km with coke, water, and entertainment.
- Cut-off time is 5 and 1/2 hours for 42.2 km and 3 hours for 21.1, 10 and 1km races.
- Only the 10km race is wheelchair friendly.
- Refreshments will be available for sale. No gas braaiing permitted.
- No unauthorized selling of goods will be allowed on the university grounds. Arrangements can be made with Prof GM Spies 082 821 6952.
- Race results will be available on the internet at www.raceresults.co.za
- Tog bag facilities: Club tents will be erected on the afternoon of Friday 14th February 2020 at designated areas.
- Walkers must wear their “W” tags to be eligible for the prize.
- Distance markers at every 1km
Kiddies Area: There will be no kiddies this year, parents are encouraged to make arrangements for their children in advance
Lollies Ice: Lollies have been discontinued, there will be water points to ensure that athletes are hydrated
T-shirts: There will be no T-shirts this year
Bestmed VIP Tent: There will be no designated VIP area for Bestmed members this year
ADD AN EXTRA R10 DONATION TO YOUR ENTRY FEE.
All donations will be paid to Cansa South Africa.
Your donations are highly appreciated.
The Bestmed Tuks Race takes place 15 February 2020, from the University of Pretoria Hillcrest Sports Campus. Distance options: 42.2km, 21.1km, 10km, 5km & 1km fun run.
This event is a qualifier for the Two Oceans & Comrades Marathons
Distance & Entry Fee
Pre Entries (Closing 05 Feb 2020):
42.2km – R 228
42.2km Athletes 60-79 Yrs – R 114
21.1km – R 171
21.1km Athletes 60-79 Yrs – R 85
10km – R 114
10km Athletes 60-79 Yrs – R 57
10km WheelChair – R 114
10km Wheelchair Athletes 60-79 Yrs – R 57
5km – R 57
1km – R 35
Venue: Hillcrest Sports Campus, Pretoria
Race Start Times:
Wheelchair Race 06:20
Collection Of Pre-entries:
Online entries can be collected at the HPC (Burnett Street entrance to the UP Sports Campus) on 13th and 14th February 2020 from 17:00 until 19:00 and from 04:30 to 05:50 on race day.• No 42.2 km entries allowed on race day.
Unlicensed athletes of the 42,2km, 21,1km and 10km must purchase a temporary license number for R45.00 on the day.
Prize Giving: 08:30 for 10km and at 09:00 for 21.1km and wheelchair, and 10:00 for 42.2km.
All prize money will not be paid in cash but into the winner’s bank account.
Winners must provide their banking details to receive their prize money
1. Marshals and traffic officials must be obeyed at all times.
2. No seconding will be permitted.
3. No iPods or listening devices allowed.
4. Watering points located approximately every 3 km with coke, water, and entertainment.
5. Distance markers at every 1km
University of Pretoria (Tuks)
How to Enter?
Online entries at EntryTime EnterOnline (pre-entry closing date: 5 Feb 2020)
Entries will be taken from 04:00 to 05:50 on race day for 21.1, 10, 5 and 1 km as well as the wheelchair athletes
All Athletes 80 Yrs+ Free ( Enter On The Day Only)
No 42.2km Entries On Race Day!!!
012 420 6080 09:00 – 16:00 Weekdays / Jet Moses - 072 259 4282
Visited 33035 times, 5 Visits today