- The race is run in accordance with the rules of ASA and AGN.
- Registered athletes must wear the current year’s (2020) licence number front and back. If issued with a race number this must be worn on the front of the vest. Race numbers must not cover the logos on the ASA license number.
- Temporary licences athletes to wear temporary licence on the back of the vest and race number on the front.
- All licenced athletes competing for category prizes must wear numeric category tags clearly visible front and back. Proof of age for prize winners will be required to be presented to referees before the prize giving. Prizes will be withheld until confirmed.
- Walkers competing for prize money must wear WALKER/W tags on the front and back of their vest.
- No seconding is allowed.
- International athletes must provide a clearance letter from their country of origin to the referee in the event of them winning a prize. Foreign athletes must abide by the IAAF rule 4.2.
- No blade, cyclist or mechanically operated device allowed in the race.
- No iPods or listening devices.
- Minimum 14 years for 10km, 16 years for 21.1km and 18 years for 42,2 km.
- Water points are approximately every 3km.
- Medical support will be available.
- Participants are required to obey instructions from all traffic officials, race marshals and referees.
This is a scenic and challenging route complete with rolling hills and dales. The race takes runners from the PHSOB Clubhouse to the top of Klapperkop and then back down again. Fast and flat, slow poison, grueling hills and invigorating downs, expect it all.
42.2km 18 years
21.1km: 16 years
10km: 14 years
Cut-Off Time: 11:30
Prize Giving: From 9:30 am
- Wheelchairs and prams welcome on the 10 km but will need assistance on the 21,1 km because of grids on Klapperkop.
- Tog bag area available at own risk.
- Club gazebos welcome but fire extinguishers mandatory. No entry onto the field on race day, so gazebos must be erected on the day before the race.
The Pretoria Marathon takes place on the 23rd of February 2020 from Pretoria High School Old Boys Club. Distance options: 10km, 21.1km & 42.2km.Route Map & Profile (42.2km)
This event is a qualifier for the Comrades & Two Oceans Marathons.
Distance & Entry Fee
42.2km – R 262
21.1km – R 168
10km Run/Walk – R136
Athletes 70 Yrs+ Free – R 0 (all distances)
Venue: Pretoria High School Old Boys Club, Hofmeyr Park 378 Queens Crescent, Lynnwood
05:30 – 42.2km
06:00 – 21.1km
06:15 – 10km run/walk
Cut-Off Time: 11:30 (all events)
08:00 (10km run/walk)
10:00 (42.2km run)
T-shirts: Free T-shirts to the first 5000 entries online or at outlets.
Race number Collection:
Sweat Shop Dunkeld 19 Feb 10 am – 6 pm
Sweat Shop Bedfordview Thurs 20 Feb 10 am-6 pm
PHSOB Clubhouse Fri and Sat 21, 22 Feb 10am-6pm
NO COLLECTIONS ON RACE DAY
Phobians Athletic Club
How to Enter?
Online: www.entryrush.co.za (There is a 5% charge by EntryRush for this service)
Manual Entries: until Wednesday 19 February 2020
Run-A-Way Sports (PTA) 012 3613733
Sweat Shop Dunkeld 011 3252567
Sweat Shop Southdowns 012 6650048
Sweat Shop Broadacres 011 4659180
Sweat Shop Bedfordview 011 4502421
Sportsmans Warehouse Atterbury 012 9914926
Sportsmans Warehouse Centurion 012 6650768
Sportsmans Warehouse Kolonnade 012 5485131
Friday, Saturday 21, 22 Feb 11am-6pm
Sunday 10K ONLY 23 Feb 4.15am
Whats app messages only 082 7012299
Visited 45388 times, 3 Visits today