- The race is run in accordance with the rules of ASA and AGN. Athletes indemnify the national, provincial and regional bodies, sponsors and organizers or the race against any or all actions of whatsoever nature, whatever the same may be arising out of their participation in the race.
- Registered athletes must wear the current year’s license number front and back, if issued with a race number this must be worn on the front of the vest. The Race Number may not cover the Logo’s on the Licences.
- Temporary licenses must be worn at the back and the race number in front of the vest. The Race Number may not cover the Logo’s on the Licences.
- All licensed athletes competing for category prizes must wear numeric category tags clearly visible front and back. Proof of age for prize winners may be required and to be presented to referees before prize giving. Prizes will be withheld until confirmed.
- Walkers competing for prize money must wear WALKER/W tags on the front and back of their vest.
- No seconding is allowed.
- International athletes must provide a clearance letter from their Country of origin to the referee in the event of them winning a prize.
- Wheelchair athletes and walkers are welcome on the 5km, 10km, and 21.1km. Walkers keep left at all times.
- No blade, cyclist or mechanically operated device allowed in the race.
- No iPods or listening devices.
- Minimum age: 5km – 9 years; 10km – 14 years; 21.1km – 16 years; 42.2km – 20 years. Stipulated in the ASA rules.
- Temporary licensed athletes are eligible for open and category prizes, provided they have the age category tag clearly visible back and front of the vest.
- All traffic officers and official’s instructions to be obeyed.
- Waterpoints every 3kms.
- Medical support will be present on race day.
- REMEMBER all 70+ and 80+ Free entry as well as Prize money allocated to them.
- The organizers and sponsors of the event do not accept liability for any loss or damage that may occur before, during or after the event.
- Fun Run Children younger than 9 years must be accompanied by an adult taking responsibility for the child.
- Tog bag area available at own risk.
- Club gazebos welcome but fire extinguishers mandatory.
The Wonderpark Akasia Road Race takes place on the 25th of January 2020, from Wonderpark Shopping Centre (Pretoria). Distance options: 42.2km, 21.1km, 10km & 5km fun run.
This is a Qualifying Event for the Comrades & Two Oceans Marathons.
Distance & Entry Fee:
5km fun run – R50
10km – R100
10km (60+ yrs) – R50
21.1km – R150
21.1km (60+ yrs) – R80
42.2km – R200
42.2km (60+ yrs) – R100
Blind Runners & age 70+ = Free
Temp. License = R40
Venue: Wonderpark Shopping Centre, Heinrich Avenue, Karenpark
GPS Co-ordinate: S25º 40,264 E28º 6,703
42.2km & 21.1km – 05:30
10km – 06:00
5km fun run – 06:10
42.2km – at 20km mark = 08:15 (2hrs 45 min), at finish = 11:30 (6hrs)
21.1km – 09:00 (3hrs 30min)
10km – 08:00 (2hrs)
5km fun run – 08:00 (1hrs 50 min)
42.2km – 20 years
21.1km – 16 years
10km – 14 years
5km fun run – N/A
42.2km – 10:00
21.1km – 09:00
10km & 5km fun run – 08:00
Online entries can be collected on Friday 24 January 2019 from 16:00 until 19:30 or on race day from 3:30 (please bring along entry confirmation)
Akasia Athletic Club
How to Enter?
Entries will be accepted until Friday 24 January 2019 at the following outlets:
Total Sports Wonderpark 012 549 0064
Run-A-Way Sport 012 361 3733
The Sweat Shop Southdowns 012 665 0048
The Sweat Shop Dunkeld 011 325 2567
The Sweat Shop Bedfordview 011 450 2421
Cross Trainer Wonderpark 012 549 0071
The Running Shop Montana 081 271 2095
Entries accepted at Wonderpark Shopping Centre, Entrance 5, on Friday 24th January 2020 from 16:00 to 19:30 and on race day from 3:30 am.
072 811 0374
Visited 17524 times, 3 Visits today