The Klipspringer Challenge is a 2-Day Stage Race that takes place over weekend of 27/28 April 2019, from Augrabies Falls National Park (Northern Cape). There is a 1 day option, where participants can join on either day 1 or 2.
A spectacularly grueling 40km desert run through the most magnificent and remote landscapes the Kalahari has to offer. Run along the rim of one of the world’s most dramatic granite canyons, along the banks of South Africa’s legendary Orange River to the soundtrack of the unmistakeable fish eagle cry, over otherworldly moonscapes and through unforgiving desert sand. This is trail running and nature at its most intense.
Klipspringer Challenge – R1850
Klipspringer Lite – R1200
1 Day Only Challenge (Day 1 or 2) – R1200
1 Day Only Lite (Day 1 or 2) – R750
Entries limited to 300 runners in total. Entries Close Midnight 10 April 2019.
Race Format for Stage Race:
Day 1 = ~33km
Day 2 = ~33km
Day 1 = ~21km
Day 2 = ~19km
Venue: Augrabies Falls National Park, Keimoes, Northern Cape, South Africa
Race Village: Augrabies Falls National Park Camping Area
Klipspringer Challenge: 07h00 both days
Klipspringer Lite: 07h30 both days
- Registration will take place at the Augrabies Falls National Park Conference Room (just before Reception) on Friday afternoon 26th April from 15h00 – 18h00, where you will register and receive your race pack and race number.
- There will be a small Registration facility at the same place on Saturday morning 27th April for those people who absolutely cannot make it the day before – times for this will be communicated closer to the Race.
- The main Race Briefing will be held at the Registration venue on Friday at 18h00 until about 18h30.
Entry Fees include:
- Klipspringer Challenge or Klipspringer Lite 2019 Race Entry
- SANParks Daily Conservation Fee (Race Days only)
- Anatomic specially designed technical Klipspringer Challenge Race Shirt
- Klipspringer Challenge Goodie Bag
- Klipspringer Challenge or Klipspringer Lite Medal (finishers only)
- Post-race lunch vouchers
More information at event website
How to Enter?
Online entry at event website (Entries Close Midnight 10 April 2019)
Visited 1978 times, 1 Visit today